The Onion

Guest onions

Is it sata 2 or sata3, that will make the difference ?

SATA 2 I believe.

Just did a quick google of it and I think it's a sata 3, up to 6 gbs transfer speed so it should be pretty good.

All the merrier!

Another little goodie came in tonight...

74937a5a93.png

Good things happened today! First, with the help of Bosco, I got my old account back, yippee. Second, the GPU came a day early, a lovely surprise!

Unboxing pics.

d4a43ee43b.png

Very cool black on black box within the main box.

757b9e7adb.png

First sight upon opening the box.

bb8cf0e1c5.png

GTX 970 with all the packaging removed.

02c512ea5d.png

Other side.

c0f7780024.png

Not sure if this is standard these days, but the card came with some nice dust caps.

734c1e9c91.png

Little bit of test sleeving on the connectors supplied with the GPU. I'm going to sleeve every individual wire this way for this build in an arctic camo paracord. Test sleeve is done with regular camo, maybe slightly desert camo.

fdfc24382b.png

i7 6700K ordered and Noctua NH-D14 ordered. Its an extra 20 euros for the D15, which I don't think is worth it for a 2-3 degree gap when I live in an area with a cold climate.

Amazon decided to reward me for being patient today, so I bought the EVGA SuperNova G2 750 watt PSU. The 750 watt ended up being cheaper than the 550 watt! Woopee! I also grabbed a TP-Link TP9E network adapter. It was much cheaper than the Asus and its still AC1900. We'll see if its any good.

LOL, now that you got your account back why don't you clean up your sig, considering you don't have any of that gear anymore ! :teehee:

I was thinking about it, I'm just a little nostalgic lol. I guess I'll get to it right now since I finally have all the components for the new build.

Edit: Done. Couldn't bring myself to remove the old overclocks!

Edited by Onion

Received another shipment today: the TP-LINK T9E network card and the Noctua NH-D14. I'm not going to post a picture of the cooler because everyone and their mother has one... It is much bigger than I expected, though!

7143bdebc9.png

Wish i could afford this build. Very interested to see how this comes together.

I spent more than you did, but similarly to your build, everything I bought was at the lowest price that particular component has ever been. A similar setup would run easily over 1600, I kept my build under 1250.

Case and RAM came in today! Woohoo! Finally starting to look a bit more like a computer... Instead of a bunch of boxes, its a bunch of shit in a box. Black and white color scheme is looking nice!

2d8fffa05e.png

• Like 1

Everything hooked up except for the front panel buttons and sata cable on the ssd. Half decent cable management, it'll do until I do my own sleeving and cut the wires down to my selected sizes. Looking decent. Now, to wait for the damn processor to show up! Needs more white, the sleeving will definitely help.

78a243684b.png

Edited by Onion
  • Like 1