whitefiretiger

Keyboard died would like input on a replacement.

Ok my keyboard on my desktop bit the big one. Stopped at best buy and turns out i dont like regular keyboards lol. I got spoiled having the nice click to the keys and good responce on fast input.

Guess now the only keyboards that click are gaming keyboards and carry a heafty price.

So my question to my fellow overclockers is this...

Is there any reasonable price (maybe under $40) that will have a good click and responce to fast input?

Id like backlit too if i can but only if that doesnt brake the bank.

Guest onions

Unfortunately, I don't have any advice for a sub-$40 keyboard. It does sound like you'd really enjoy a mechanical keyboard, though.

For 70 bucks you can get a decent mechanical keyboard with cherry mx blue switches which are very clicky.

http://www.amazon.com/Storm-QuickFire-Rapid-Tenkeyless-Mechanical/dp/B007VDKLLM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1453242216&sr=8-2&keywords=ducky+zero

Even cheaper, at 60 bucks is the TT eSports with imitation cherry mx blue switches. I personally owned this keyboard and it was GREAT. Absolutely loved it and highly recommend it.

http://www.amazon.com/Tt-eSPORTS-Poseidon-Illuminated-KB-PIZ-KLBLUS-01/dp/B00HZE2PJS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1453242279&sr=8-1&keywords=ttesports

Thats not too bad comparison to the $120+ i was finding.

Ive been using a keyboard that all the logos and stuff are missing now (owned it for 10years) and iirc it was a mechanical keyboard.

My biggest issue ive run into is say i type 999 fast and only get 99 or sometimes 9. Very frustrating when in a hurry.

Guest onions

I've had that issue in the past. I can guarantee that unless you're doing something really weird on the TT eSports keyboard, you won't have that problem.