Fans On The Rear Side Panel

I plan on making 1 or 2 sideholes on my antec sx1030 - would there be any benefit of installing exhaust or intake fans on the rear side panel (behind the mobo tray)?

Would an exhaust might be better/preferable if ever? ( to help pull out the heat from behind the mobo tray)

:huh:

I dont really know if that would benefit you very much.

If you dont already have a blow hole, Id suggest getting one of those first.

Or even a fan pushing air on your H.s. would be good too.

thanks for the insight shaggy :-)

i was actually looking through the past posts here and saw someone recommend cutting a hole on the mobo tray first, to expose the rear part of the mobo along the area where the cpu socket is, then do the hole.

actually i do have a blowhole already, with a 92mm antec thermo controlled fan. have 2 intakes and 2 exhausts, a and 92mm Zalman bracketed cooler that pushes air on the my cards.

Tt Smart fan 2 (on rheostat) is coupled with a Swiftech mcxc370 HS.

am just thinking/theorizing of other ways to get additional cooling, with summer peaking here in Oregon, hehehe...or shall we say another excuse to get additional fans and mods on my case

B)

Yeah I thought about doing that ... if u expose the back socket area of the CPU maaaybe.. just maybe it would cool it a bit.. In theory it will work..

If you do it make it an intake.. but put a filter on it.. so that way dust doesnt get slotterd on the back of the mobo :P

yups, that was your post that i saw psy, and i agree on your theory

but wouldn't an exhaust be more efficient, since it will be taking out the hot air from the rear of the mobo faster and since hot air is light, it'll make the fan's work much easier.

would a 120mm vantec tornado (on a rheobus) for the rear panel sidehole be overkill? hehehe ;-)

i will actually implement your suggestion on my old case which i am starting to mod and i'll post the pic here when i'm through

thats not a shabby Idea..

try that if u have it.. 120mm panaflow.. make it exaust.. on the reo..

take some temps..

and then try it as an intake its really the only way to find out whats cooling it better lol..

haha yeah definitly post some pics!

well...i decided to go for the 120mm enermax installed on the rear panel and so far it seems to be working - took psy's suggestion and made it an intake fan with an aluminum screen/filter behind it.

so how do i post the pic here...hmmm