Happy new year 2016!

Guest onions

It would be a depressing 2016 if I couldn't shoot things once in a while  :(

Hopefully a new administration later this year will stem the tide of the gun control loonies here in the States.  I'm not sure that I could ever permanently reside in a country where all firearms are banned.  Well, at least banned from the general populace.  

It would be a depressing 2016 if I couldn't shoot things once in a while   :(

Hopefully a new administration later this year will stem the tide of the gun control loonies here in the States.  I'm not sure that I could ever permanently reside in a country where all firearms are banned.  Well, at least banned from the general populace.  

At least in the US the police is relatively efficient and fast to respond to home invasions, etc.

Here in South Africa it's quite different. Most police stations take quite a very long time to respond.

Luckily I'm not too far from a police station, and I stay a block away from a big hospital with lots of traffic so that helps deter criminals.

Although I think if all guns were banned from the general populace here in SA then I'd have quite a few sleepless nights worrying about how to defend my family and home, especially since most criminals in SA now attack/rob in armed groups of 3 or 4.