Sli will not work

dling

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've tried three different ones. Thats not the problem. evga is the problem. they dont play well with other cards that are dissimilar, even other evga cards.

You cant use a crossfire bridge. Their different sizes in width.So I guess the answer is no. ;)

If this is intentional then it is done so you have to buy the same brand cards to do sli, that way I guess they figure they'll sell twice as many cards. Stupid idea because it will actually hurt their sales . Hope your card is just a fluke .

Yea . It's always been that as long as the cards were of the same type it didn't matter who made them. Now it's buyer beware.

This is actually the first I've ever heard of such a thing. Never had issues with SLI on different brands since the GTX 200 series. I wonder why EVGA (and possibly others?) are doing this now.

What I still don't understand is why that after I flashed both of the cards to the same bios it didn't work

It's probably not a BIOS issue, but hardware differences from the card's manufacturer. I hear Zotac has the same issues on some of their cards as well. Surprising that there's been absolutely no news articles about this. If this is going to be a quietly hidden trend by EVGA and Zotac, I probably won't be buying any graphics cards from them. Who reads their FAQ before buying a card to SLI? They should at least state it on their outside box. Hopefully ASUS, MSI, and Gigabyte don't follow in their footsteps.

What I still don't understand is why that after I flashed both of the cards to the same bios it didn't work

It's probably not a BIOS issue, but hardware differences from the card's manufacturer. I hear Zotac has the same issues on some of their cards as well. Surprising that there's been absolutely no news articles about this. If this is going to be a quietly hidden trend by EVGA and Zotac, I probably won't be buying any graphics cards from them. Who reads their FAQ before buying a card to SLI? They should at least state it on their outside box. Hopefully ASUS, MSI, and Gigabyte don't follow in their footsteps.

Agreed. I still want to sli my sons computer. I'm sure that I will not be looking to either of the brands you mentioned to do this.