lucio

Guys we need to talk...

Well, that's a bummer, ugh I thought most of you were gamers and overclocking was like upgrading your pc

They're all just kidding. :)

seriously? because I asked somebody who sells this and he said only the graphic card does make difference if your gaming

Well, that's a bummer, ugh I thought most of you were gamers and overclocking was like upgrading your pc

seriously? because I asked somebody who sells this and he said only the graphic card does make difference if your gaming

Not true. CPU can have a large effect on your gaming experience. It's definitely not something you want to skimp on.

Edited by FUZi0N

Overclocking the GPU does have an effect on FPS and to a smaller extent the CPU as long as you are not GPU bound. 

They're additive - higher speeds for both improve both average, and more importantly, minimum FPS for almost everything.

They're additive - higher speeds for both improve both average, and more importantly, minimum FPS for almost everything.

Okay ,but how do you know how much it increases, are there any benchmarks that can show this?

No $1000 CPU here...I buy the $300 CPU but the $1000 cooling.

OC the heck out of it, run it 24/7 like that, then don't even play any stressful games or benchmarks :).

:ph34r:

Okay ,but how do you know how much it increases, are there any benchmarks that can show this?

It depends on how well your OC goes.

There are benchmarks showing frametimes that point to overclocked CPUs and GPUs being a MUCH better combination than buying higher-end chips/cores. TechReport.com tends to have good CPU overclocking reviews but they're fairly infrequent.

Well, yeaaaaa the site is really outdaded if you ask me

I searched in Google a bit more, and read that ocing your cpu is only worth it if your going to video edit, etc. 

so any cpu above 3.5 Ghz should be fine I guess

Well there you go, I guess I'll have to give up gaming, mine is only stock at 3.4, darn it  ! Wait.... dose that mean I'm outdated ?

Well there you go, I guess I'll have to give up gaming, mine is only stock at 3.4, darn it  ! Wait.... dose that mean I'm outdated ?

Time to get that $1000 CPU then.