Voltage Flux

Alright, I've been having problems with voltage fluctuations ever since I got my new motherboard (2 days ago). In CPU-Z, it'll stay at 1.64 when it's idling, but if I leave it open and start opening stuff (folders) it'll dip down to 1.60 and shoot up to 1.66. Also, I can hear the fan going faster and slower whenever I use the CPU (doesn't have to be intensive). Is this a board problem or a power supply problem?

*addition* Forgot to mention, I have a 420 watt generic power supply (PowMAX to be exact)

Edited by InvaderTrax

I dont think there's any cause for alarm, my MBM settings are at every seconds and mine fluctuates 3 to 5 points and i never had any problems, of course the more steady it is the better but we're talking the third digit here that's pretty small ;)

:withstupid: If you have an active thermal sensor (like those light up pyramid controllers on some mod sites) it would do the same thing if you set sensitivity to the max... If you have a sensor mounted in your rig, lower its sensitivity a little. Regardless, change out the generic PSU... and send it to me... :P