RAM Speed May Affect Performance in Fallout 4

gebraset

According to an interesting performance report by Digital Foundry, who tested the PC version of Fallout 4, RAM speed may substantially affect in-game performance. The test utilized an Intel Core i5 4690K along with an NVIDIA TITAN X, which ran the game at 1080p, thereby removing the GPU as a bottleneck. Different speeds of RAM were tested with this setup, and the test found that going from 1600MHz RAM to 2400MHz RAM improved performance by roughly 22 percent. More specifically, 1600MHz RAM was able to achieve an average frame-rate of 54.6, while the 2400MHz RAM stretched out an average frame-rate of 66.9. RAM at 2133MHz was also benchmarked, with an average frame-rate of 61 being achieved.

It is important to note that no timings for the tested RAM were provided, which could change the final conclusion of the performance test by Digital Foundry quite a bit.

Source: WCCFtech

Back to original news post

I'd like to trust Digital Foundry, I consider them a good source when it comes to things like this, but something is definitely wrong here. RAM can only make that much difference if you're using CPU integrated graphics.