Sign in to follow this  
WhenKittensATK

Overwatch - Spring 2016

So how did you guys enjoy that streamer only closed beta :P I kid. Release date is Spring 2016. As for the price model that is to be determined. It seems to be setup similar to CS:GO. You pay once for the game and get all the heroes. Then they may do micro-transactions in the forms of skins.

You can pre-purchase it for PS4 ($60), XBO ($60), and PC ($40 Reg / $60 Origins Edition / $130 Collectors). Beta access is not included at this time of purchase. You can always cancel pre-orders before the game ships for all the haters out there.

I bought the Origins Edition for the hell of it, because this looks like the closet thing we'll get to a Team Fortress 3. I wished the Collector's Edition came with a different hero statue.

Edited by WhenKittensATK

Finally got into the beta testing for Overwatch. At first I didn't really enjoy it, but its more fun once you get a group. I would say its pretty team orientated. The matches usually play out like a MOBA game. Everyone group up and fight together vs Call of Duty were everyone just runs around. Although that does happen when you get a bad team. The matches are rather fast paced and action packed for only 6 vs 6. The graphics also look good, but sound seems lacking in punch.

I played an attack map and my team had 3 sniper heroes. Lets say we didn't get very far. Its more in-line with my experience playing Warcraft Source mod on Counter Strike than it is a Team Fortress replacement.

Edited by WhenKittensATK

Just had a few games against a very good team, felt refreshing getting my butt kicked. It was my teams fault, of course. haha

I still play it every now and then. I have about 13 hours in it since launch. The game is still fun to play. I haven't been very lucky with loot boxes as I was in the beta. I think I only got one rare skin so far, the punk rocker for Tracer. My BNet is Tuebor#1314.

I still play it every now and then. I have about 13 hours in it since launch. The game is still fun to play. I haven't been very lucky with loot boxes as I was in the beta. I think I only got one rare skin so far, the punk rocker for Tracer. My BNet is Tuebor#1314.

Added you on BNet, my BNet name is Molniya#1518