Almost Free -- my gawd

BluePanda

1. get one slipstream disc

2. run disc on each client's computer

3. ????

4. PROFIT!

Slipstream will take care of the updates, it will not remove or reinstall all clients folders, data, software. driver updates, or personal online accounts, etc, which all take time, if the guy dose what he says it's worth the $150.Also if it's a slower pc you can double or even tipple the time involved .I've been there and done that (like quite a few of us on here).

An addendum to an earlier post of mine.

It is not just the upgrade. I provide a 30 day guarantee which I think is fair. However, (notice this however?), when they call 6 months later with a problem and want you to fix it over the phone, for free, that is hard. Especially if the guy/gal have absolutely no OS experience and are just casual users. Talk about developing customer skils!!!! Situations like this really call into play all of your communication skills and tact. LOL :-)

I do not give out free info over the phone, the way I see it is time is money and if it's the customer's fault something is not working properly they can bring it to me or I'll go to them, either way I charge them something for my time, a (thanks a lot) over the phone for 30 min. of my time don't pay my bills.

I do not give out free info over the phone, the way I see it is time is money and if it's the customer's fault something is not working properly they can bring it to me or I'll go to them, either way I charge them something for my time, a (thanks a lot) over the phone for 30 min. of my time don't pay my bills.

Amen spike. Seeing as I work at a benz dealer. I have had conversations with independent auto repair places asking about the special tool for the lug bolts. After I tell them its a 17mm socket they tend to argue and I hang up. They usually call back getting a different result and end defining insanity oh so well. ;)

If you do it as a business that's one thing but I think being a human being is another. If the person  asks over and over just politely decline and move on. I have people hit me up all the time at work to do refrigeration work for them while I am off. They want to pay me under the table to do what I can do for a living. I decline the work because its not something I want to do. No matter how long ago the repair was people expect a lifetime guarantee, its a never ending story. Don't want the hassle or their money.  

If I am hard up enough to have to charge my family for working on their computer I have other more pressing issues that need attention. I don't begrudge someone a living in any way but you can choose to decline the work and save the relationship.

My time is valuable and I choose when, where and how I want to apply that value.