Sign in to follow this  
Scott P

Windows 10 crashing often

Ever since I did the upgrade to Windows 10, I often,as in many times per day, get a blue screen error stating Internal_Power_Error. My web searches point to video or LAN driver issues. I have uninstalled and reinstalled both drivers and even used the stock widows video driver to no avail. The beta video drivers were even worse. I am getting them from the AMD website, so they are the most current ones.

So, should I uninstall Windows 10 and revert to Windows 7, do a clean install of Windows 10 or do a clean install of Windows 7? The only problems I had with Win 7 was that it occasionally would go into a sleep mode that required me to turn off the power supply and turn it back on. It would come back with all of the windows open that were there before it went to sleep.

Is also the possibility of a hardware problem? The computer is the one in my signature. 

Download Display Driver Uninstaller, run it in Safe Mode, and then install the new video drivers. Driver Fusion is a possibility, too, for the LAN driver.

That was a good idea. Unfortunately, it did not help. It was an upgrade install on an older Win 7 installation, so there may be something helpful about  clean install. I just don't really want to go through all the reinstalling of program if it doesn't help. 

I try a clean install, I was fortunate that my upgrades from 8.1 worked flawlessly but I sort of fresh installed in that I updated whatever drivers I could and manually cleaned out the old ones. Might be some Win7 remnants causing you all this headache.

I did a clean install from a USB drive. It is stable so far. Now I just have to reinstall stuff. I also have to find all the original CDs for those programs.