Mad Max Game Reviewed

Bosco

It's a great game, I ended up getting it from G2A for some sort of deep discount compared to the full price. He mentioned that it lacks a New Game+, maybe the devs will end up adding it at a later date? It would be a good addition.

I have been thinking about getting it, but with Star Wars coming I am not so sure lol

Think you mean Fallout 4. :P

I never got into the Fallout series. It was never a true First-Person Shooter. I don't know if Fallout 4 will be a true FPS like Star Wars, but unless it is, I'll probably never play it.

I always thought it funny they are making a Mad Max game after Borderlands, which seemed to be very much inspired by the Mad Max world.

The original Fallouts were an isometric RPG. The newer ones have been a first or third-person RPG, but to play them as a straight FPS isn't the best solution because of the RPG metrics governing where the shots go. Fallout 4 is supposed to feel more like an FPS when you play it, but it's still an RPG. If you want a post-apocalyptic-like FPS, play Borderlands.

The original Fallouts were an isometric RPG. The newer ones have been a first or third-person RPG, but to play them as a straight FPS isn't the best solution because of the RPG metrics governing where the shots go. Fallout 4 is supposed to feel more like an FPS when you play it, but it's still an RPG. If you want a post-apocalyptic-like FPS, play Borderlands.

I understand that. Most Fallout enthusiasts wouldn't play the game if it didn't continue to use the V.A.T.S. system. On the other hand, most FPS's who also like RPG elements wouldn't play the game because of the same reason most people enjoy Fallout. Borderlands 1 and 2 are okay. It's just a grind to really find good weapons, and like Destiny, seems like that's all that it's about. I hate games where you have to shoot something hundreds of times for it to be killed, and if you go against people who play 24/7, they kill you in one shot, when you've already shot them in the head a couple of times with a weaker weapon.

I mourn for WWII era FPS games.

Edited by El_Capitan

I have been thinking about getting it, but with Star Wars coming I am not so sure lol

Think you mean Fallout 4. :P

That isnt even in this converstation because it deserves its own thread lol