I wonder if worth to put a Ge Force 760GTX 4Gb on My PC

Fragsman

My friend is in NY so he'll probably buy a 980GTX since we are from Argentina and hardware here is like super expensive so he might buy it if I buy his card.

He does have a 760GTX 4Gb. Will it fit in my system (check my sig). I heard it will. But I do have PCI Express 2.0 and the card is 3.0.

Will it worth doing the change?

Of course money will be a factor but. Will I loose performance because of the PCI Express? Or maybe the rest of my components.

Thanks in advance

Correction. It is a 760

Edited by Fragsman

Yeah the card is definitely better. I was just "worried because of the processor" but is not bad at all. Not that getting a new one will give me a huge boost comparing with my actual processor since the main thing for gaming is the videocard.

My friend says it is a Zotac GeForce 760 with 4gb. Is that possbile? I can't find any references to 4gb version on Nvidia page but I understand it exists.

He is asking me for AR$ 2500 for 4gb version which is a bargain. People is asking $2700-4000 2GB version for that card (used) in Mercadolibre which is like eBay. I've seen one asking $6000 for the 4gb which is a lot since there is not much more performance against 2Gb.

$2500 in dollars would be. 180 u$d (very approximated value since it will depend on where you buy.. in streets is $AR 16 and goverment sells $AR 12,8 but it won't sell to me because it's very limited), just for you to have an idea but anyway if something in the US cost 150u$d here it will cost maybe u$d 200+/- just for shipping and import taxes.

The card is around 1 year old (he says it's less and it's probable) and I know my friend never OC'ed it.

I'd say it's a nice deal. I told him I agree.

Edited by Fragsman

I checked Google:

2500 Argentine Peso equals

263.86 US Dollar

Or am I doing this conversion wrong? Seems like a good deal (in relative terms) but is Google that far off on relative value between USD and AR?

I checked Google:

263.86 US Dollar

Or am I doing this conversion wrong? Seems like a good deal (in relative terms) but is Google that far off on relative value between USD and AR?

XE shows the same conversion.

If your friend is offering that price for it, I say go for it. Good deal, imo. Some 2GB 760s are cheaper, but 4GB models are priced higher, so yeah, go for it.

I have an easy explanation.

If you are foreigner and you posses dollars yes you might buy 9,5 $AR with 1 U$D

But If I want to buy 1 U$D I have to pay around $16 $AR on the "Streets" (people that offer exchange) because Banks do not sell to eveytone. There are a lof of restrictions for preventing people buying dollars (huge long story).

I checked Google:

263.86 US Dollar