Frustrating Sony Viao laptop

IVIYTH0S

if that doesnt reproduce the issue try re-seating all the cables or film strips.

Yeah I'm up to 21 passes on test 5 right now and still going...*rips out hair* :lol:

If I'm in there ripping all the cables out then that som'bitch's board's coming out and feeling the heat of my oven...I'm just too busy right now to do it :unsure:

49 Passes...I think it's proved its point :-/

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You sure that hd you put in it is not the problem, maybe you should run a few tests on it, could be a bad connection at the laptop port. Worth a try .

Or worse, the SATA port lol

Edited by IVIYTH0S

You sure that hd you put in it is not the problem, maybe you should run a few tests on it, could be a bad connection at the laptop port. Worth a try .

Which is what I meant,lol, hey it beats baking the mb and a lot less to take apart.

Which is what I meant,lol, hey it beats baking the mb and a lot less to take apart.

I'm gonna have to anyway though, since it's hiiiiiiiiiiiiiighly unlikely the HDD is bad since it was a drive sent back from WD that I had gotten replaced a while ago that never was even removed from its static bag. I'll trust WD to have tested it before sending it out lol

I would test it anyways....I've gotten bad drives in return.

+1 to that, when you rma a hd you get a refurbished drive back, not a new one .

^ Never make assumptions when troubleshooting. :)

I suppose... but the fact that it froze during memtest makes me doubtful regardless.

usually a freeze during a memory test is a hardware issue ;)

Yeah but harddrive? lol The harddrive has no bearing on that...to test that theory I could remove the harddrive while I run it next time even though it wouldn't fail the last two times.... I think the bake will be the ultimate do or die attempt for it but I'll still do some harddrive tests tonight.