Hyper-x Pc4000

Is pc4000 a wasteof time on an amd ? Just got 2 512m sticks and was having 2nd thoughts before i put them in. Specs in sig.

My concern is the timings as they are 8-4-4-3 can they be run a little tighter at slower speeds?

I'm not yet too experienced with messing with timings, but can tell you I previously had them at 8-3-3-3 at fsb's 200 to 230... I think a few freezes may have been caused by that at higher fsb. Now I have 8-4-4-3... I'm still on learning curve with how these timings play with OC.

You really can't play with RAM timings too much on PC4000 or higher RAM. It has to run really loose timings to achieve those speeds. PC4000 is good for people who don't wanna vmod their boards (don't blame them), it can run 1:1 really high out the box.

I prefer juiced PC3500 over PC4000, but I don't mind vmodding or burning chips. I scored almost 6K with PC4000 1:1 at 250FSB 2.7v with loose timings, but I scored 6317 with PC3500 1:1 at 250FSB 3.2v with tight timings. Like I said though, I don't mind risking my chips for tight timings and high voltages.

Cool much appreciated...

Wasn't clear yet on why exactly folks end up messing with DDR volts. So all I'll be raising is vcore. I'm Prim95-stable at 230fsb with stock volt right now. My next step to 235 will need at least 1.55 vcore (tried already; it rebooted by itself after XP login at stock 1.52 vcore, but not with 1.55v). Just need to find time for hours of Prime95 before I go 235fsb (want to watch it initially).

It was waaaaayyy slow .I thought it would be fine at 7-3-3-3 but it just took double the time to open and run everything. I dunno what went wrong but it was way wrong. Ill try some pc3500 and see what i get.