Never purchasing Open Box Motherboard again

I own an MSI X79A-gd45 pLUS open box Mobo. It serves me as a stable backup platform for my main rig. When it comes to overclocking, it sucks. It is just one of those boards that will not overclock well. Can't knock it down too much. It was 100 bucks and it got me by while I had to RMA my Dx79si.

..i'm with horneybluecow,...i've had one asrock in my young building career and it was a fail...support was a fail, and final resolution a fail,...never again,...on the other hand, i've had several open box asus and gigabyte mobos that have been and still are good to me..so there ya go

I've had almost 10 ASrock boards (including the one currently in my rock-solid NAS) and had no trouble.

At the first sign of wonkiness in an open-box board, I would have sent it back.

..i'm with horneybluecow,...i've had one asrock in my young building career and it was a fail...support was a fail, and final resolution a fail,...never again,...on the other hand, i've had several open box asus and gigabyte mobos that have been and still are good to me..so there ya go

I've had almost 10 ASrock boards (including the one currently in my rock-solid NAS) and had no trouble.

The couple i have used have been solid! 

warranties are only worth a darn if you need them.

I have several ASRock boards in service and I've had great luck. I did buy a ASRock refurb from PCDirect once and it was bad (DOA) and I took it back. not a big deal it was a Socket 754 board that i was trying to replace a board that died.

I have an ASRock FM1 board and my server runs a ASRock FM2 board and has been solid.

I don't think anyone's disputing AssRock's quality when the board's work. It's when they don't work, and you have to go through their mind-numbing RMA process. I have my receipt. I have my product. It's not working, and it still under warranty. What's the problem? AssRock. Apparently, you have to call customer service, talk with their manager, talk with his manager, get the RMA approved, and then you can send it in for RMA.

The couple i have used have been solid! 

you guys are so lucky,...i'll keep that in mind from now on...

I don't think anyone's disputing AssRock's quality when the board's work. It's when they don't work, and you have to go through their mind-numbing RMA process. I have my receipt. I have my product. It's not working, and it still under warranty. What's the problem? AssRock. Apparently, you have to call customer service, talk with their manager, talk with his manager, get the RMA approved, and then you can send it in for RMA.

It's because of this that I don't like ASRock anymore.  If they were like Asus, MSI, or Gigabyte and understood their products can go bad within their 3 year warranty no matter if you were the 1st or 10th owner of that board and just have you send it in with no questions asked I would be okay with them.  In a market where you have these companies that do this why wouldn't you want to do it too? Its the one thing that companies nowadays seems to forget that matters most...customer service.  I don't care if they make a product in which 99% of them are perfect but for that 1% make it perfect without complications.

If it was my business, I would have a similar warranty.  Picture this - someone buys the product and has it at home and the box is open and they begin installing.  Then for whatever reason they return it.  Mind you, this product doesn't get tested again, it simply goes out the door to another customer as "open box".  As a manufacturer, you have no idea what was done to it.  Someone could have broke something.  Their kid might have spilt juice on it.  Who knows.  Why should the manufacturer have to warranty this?

If it was my business, I would have a similar warranty.  Picture this - someone buys the product and has it at home and the box is open and they begin installing.  Then for whatever reason they return it.  Mind you, this product doesn't get tested again, it simply goes out the door to another customer as "open box".  As a manufacturer, you have no idea what was done to it.  Someone could have broke something.  Their kid might have spilt juice on it.  Who knows.  Why should the manufacturer have to warranty this?

They SHOULD have to warranty it because they are selling it to a new customer, who also doesn't know what was done to it .

Difference is this was 5 months after I purchased it....Newegg warrantied it for only 30 days for the "open box" policy...It worked fine minus the dual channel issue but now 5 months later it completely died...I feel it should fall back under the original warranty of 3 years (given the original purchase date of the original owner) after that 30 days was up with Newegg.