Decided On GTX 980TI But here is my issue.... Please give me a minute and read this!

craigsnepa

I just recently built my skylake 6700K machine, and decided to go with the GTX 980TI. My issue is the fact that I cant decide on reference cooling or aftermarket cooling. I am using the Fractal Design Define R5 window case. I have the 3 fractal case fans running as intake. (2 in front) (1 on bottom). The big hard drive tray in the middle is removed and offers airflow without restriction. And I bought a Xigmatek 92CFM 140MM and mounted it in the rear as exhaust. I noticed that the 3 intake fans on high barely feel like they are moving much air, even though they claim 60 CFM each. The Xigmatek as exhaust on high, on the other hand, you can feel the air being moved. I am concerned that the airflow inside the case might not be adequate enough for going with a non reference style card. I don't want the heat to be trapped inside there cooking my other components, but I would like to get a card that I can overclock as well. On paper, the 3 intakes would equal 180CFM, and the 1 Exhaust is 92CFM, so basically matched for positive pressure. But like I said, I'm not really impressed with the airflow that the fractal fans seem to be offering. Maybe its just in my head, lol. I couldn't find a direct answer in searching with my specific components in question. Do you think going with a reference cooler would be better or do you think that going with something along the lines of a G1 Gaming or an ASUS Strix would still be OK considering the cooling in the case? Please help me out, as I am waiting to buy a card in the next few hours, and in the past, I always got amazing answers to questions that were on my mind. Even if I didn't ask myself, there are others that did, lol. Great community here!