Home security cameras?

dr_bowtie

Does anyone here have any experience with home security cameras? After a recent break-in and vandalism I find that these may be a great feature to have.

What I am looking for are a motion sensing camera that would record video or take pictures. I would like to wire one on the back of the house pointing towards my garage which is approximately 30 feet away. and then one on the garage pointing back at the house.

I am thinking the one on the garage would need to be wireless? as i dont really have a way to bury a cable from the garage to house.

I also need to know the most effective way to set this up. I have a PC I could dedicate to this for recording/pictures but would need to know what software to use and sync it up?

i use http://www.amazon.com/Foscam-FI9831P-Wireless-26-Feet-Viewing/dp/B00LVQ7IWA/ref=sr_1_5?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1443024648&sr=1-5&keywords=foscam

really nice picture and night vision isn't bad either. I use Ispy to monitor 5 cams all with email alert and live viewing you can also schedule times to come on and off. have a sound option also I also only pay 8 bucks a month to use ispy {free without email alerts}. there is also blueiris which i have never used but have heard decent things about.

My wireless reaches the garage.

After the damage to my car i really want something with good night vision. Even though i have lights outside they arent scared to enter anywhere. I'd rather catch them this way than the other way.......

I should add this needs to be Exterior mountable..

I personally use Samsung Smartcam HD Pro cameras. If I want to use it outdoors, I use a Neutral Density lens filter taped to it, and prevent night vision from being used. It can provide up to 1080P HD quality, and it will save locally on a microSD card, as well as on the cloud (basically, uploads to my gmail account via Picasso). So, I can look back on any event, and any motion event that gets triggered gets sent to my e-mail. If someone's robbing me, I can call 9-1-1, and if they aren't wearing a mask, their ugly mug is going to be recorded.

Also, buy a big dog. That helps.

what about something like this?

8 channel DVR with 4 bullets.

http://www.amazon.com/Amcrest-960H-Video-Security-System/dp/B00YZF7Y7I

they also have a 4 channel thats a few dollars cheaper and I dont see needing more than 3 cameras.

http://www.amazon.com/Amcrest-960H-Video-Security-System/dp/B00PMEG8YQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1443061366&sr=8-2&keywords=Amcrest+960H+8CH+Video+Security+System+-+Four+800%2B+TVL+Bullet+IP66

I run two Digital Watchdog DVR's at home backed by 9 camera's.

You can buy all in one kits and such but some of the cameras are weak.

Try and get a demo of what you are buying so you get a good idea what you are purchasing. The problem with cheap kits is the video quality is really bad at night making it useless 

I have bought a lot of different cameras through the years, most do not see well at night. Foscam was junk, panasonic was junk, dlink was junk, and several others were junk. I caught some Samsung low lux cameras on close out a couple years ago EOL that were great.  hikvision is what I am buying now POE cams off amazon got the 2nd one in route now. I use blue iris software...

Current setup

75e788171ffe03e8a5226228a7a068b0.jpg

cf08e7aa9f53b754c495d281f5219494.jpg