ccokeman

Prime time usage that I get using their own speed test. Methinks they be throttling the speeds to make me upgrade. I wonder if there is a way to figure it out! Thoughts? The chat window was just an added dose of humiliation. 

FIOS.png

when is the last time you power cycled everything and retested? My DLink router is crapping out and it affects the speeds like that. power cycle it a couple times and normal for a while. I really need to invest in a new router.....

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Terry I get the same on every test I try. Does not matter on the location. I have reset factory defaults a couple times but it gets no better. The only time it gets any better is 2-5 in the morning when the fewest people are on.  I actually used to get in the mid 40's down and mid 20's up.  

Hey Terry I get the same on every test I try. Does not matter on the location. I have reset factory defaults a couple times but it gets no better. The only time it gets any better is 2-5 in the morning when the fewest people are on.  I actually used to get in the mid 40's down and mid 20's up.  

Hard to tell if you're being throttled. I've heard there is a way to test it but unsure on how true it is. I had a run in with Verizon years ago. 

I was with them back when they were 360 communications and then Altel and then verizon or however that worked. Got DSL as soon as it was available to me and what a PITA that was. It never worked right and the phone tag issues were ridiculous. I never had anywhere close to the rated speeds and all those filters kept blowing and screwing everything up.

I finally ran a dedicated line direct from the phone box on the house with heavy doorbell wire to the modem and a sanded all the phone wire connections with scotchbrite and then lubed them with Noalox. after that i always had full speed up and down and no more issues.

I did catch hell from their tech and the phone guy for using doorbell wire for the modem phone line. they told me the wire was too heavy? LOL I never had another issue after that and the doorbell wire stayed.

After 15 years of Verizons bullshit I dropped them. Home and mobile....havent looked back yet.