Atx Power Supply

Just a quick question. My new mobo has two atx connectors. Do I hook'em both up or just one? If one, does it matter whitch one? One has 4 pin the other has 20. Sorry for the dumb question, but I don't want to blow up my new mobo. Better safe than sorry. Thanks in advance :D

Heh, don't worry. Just connect it (no it will not blow up).

I haven't really looked a lot, but have usually only seen them on Intel boards, but just connect it.

:withstupid:

i only thought those extra plugs were for Intel. Which mobo is it, hellagood?

Almost all mobo's now adays have a 12v ATX Power for the Proc. It is intended to give a better and more stable power supply for the Proc.

And if his mobo has one, I promise you that it will not POST if he does not connect power to it.

My AMD board has a 12vATX power connector. Giga-byte was one of the first to make boards with the extra connextor on a AMD board.

Hey thanks guys. Sorry, I couldn't post faster. I had some technical crap to deal with. It all seems to be working fine! Oh ya, the mobo is a DFI NFII ULTRA AL. Thing is pretty sweet so far!

Edited by hellagood

Almost all mobo's now adays have a 12v ATX Power for the Proc. It is intended to give a better and more stable power supply for the Proc.

And if his mobo has one, I promise you that it will not POST if he does not connect power to it.

My AMD board has a 12vATX power connector. Giga-byte was one of the first to make boards with the extra connextor on a AMD board.

well i've never had any power problems with my amd setups, so just seems like added clutter to me (more wires)