Leaving the 6000 series for the R's

Endevor

So it seems that trying to run eyefinity on some or my more heavy games is finally putting some visible strain on my current graphics card, so now I'm looking to upgrade. A while ago I looked into simply getting a second 6950 and crossfiring, but since mine has been flashed, and at the time, the AMD drivers didn't handle it too well, it didn't really work, so a little longer down the road, I'm looking into doing it again.

I don't game as much as I use to, but still enjoy a good fight in B3 and 4, Wolfenstein, modding skyrim, and other various indie games on steam so I'd be looking for soemthing that still has some umpf, but I can't break the bank, nor do I really need a 700$ graphics card. Since the rest of my build (listed below) is AMD, I figured sticking with AMD graphics would be best. The debate mainly has been crossfiring two R7s, the one's I've found are 360s (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127888) or getting one R9 (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202059)

Biggest concern is if AMD had updated their drivers to make crossfiring worth it or not?

looking at benchmarks the 6990 is about the same speed as a Geforce GTX 770, which is very cose to the R380. So you would lose preformance buying that R360 or 270x card.

I can't comment on crossfire performance but my 7950 (R9 280) and 7970 (R9 280X) were EXCELLENT cards, I'd highly recommend them. I think a single 290X for mid to low $200 would be the way to go IMHO though

My resolution is going to be set to 1080x5760, three monitors in eyefinity.

So if the card I have is ~ to the R380, would a crossfire of something else boost my performance? The R380s seem to be in my price range, but curious if a crossfire would boost a little more for a little less. I've also read some articles that crossfiring helps when running eyefinity, so may end up working in my favor doing that.