Detailed benchmark of recorded video?

TheyCallMeGunny

So I recently did a major review/comparison of the 5 major local recording programs, and while the video contains the FPS  monitor of the games themselves, along with the videos, it doesn't actually track the performance of the recorded file: As in some games I was PLAYING at 60 FPS but the recording would be significantly less due to fluctuations. Seeing as I put a lot of time into that video, I'd like to go back and see if I can add counters for the recorded files as well. Short of watching them with an FPS counter and recording that, is there any way to benchmark a video file and track how many frames it is displaying per second in realtime? If there is, I can easily turn that into a video overlay and edit it in there.

For help understanding what I mean, here's the video. Notice in the segment with the gameplay recordings (around 3:14), I have the framerate monitors enlarged up top. Those are the playing framerates, and obviously differ greatly from some of the videos at bottom (ahem, dxtory recording was about 1/4 the gameplay FPS). I want to throw in a second monitor with the file FPS as well:

Edited by TheyCallMeGunny

Excellent video! :) I definitely enjoyed the commentary at the end, and the details on how you came to the conclusion on which screen recorder you happened to think is the best. Any thoughts of running a standard benchmark through them all, and then graphing the FPS throughout? Might take a bit longer, but could provide us all with some useful data, yes?