I found a bug in my i5-3570K

Literally, a bug. I delidded the CPU, and inside was a very, very tiny mite-like bug. I was like, whoa.

What method of delidding did you use?

I always delid using the vice and hammer with a wood block. I always say I'm going to make a video, but I always forget. There's plenty out there, though.

I put an anti-static polyester fabric between the vice and the cpu (vice sides should be on both sides of the CPU), that way the CPU won't get banged up if I hit too hard. I put the flat of the wood block on the CPU, and give it usually 2-3 solid whacks. Not too hard, just enough to delid it. If you're hitting it more than 3 times, you're doing it wrong. If you hit it too hard, the CPU will go flying, and also doing it wrong.

Once removed, I clean the CPU and IHS. I remove the TIM with Kimwipes, and the adhesive with a plastic material (like a credit card), so it won't scratch the CPU or IHS. For the corners of the IHS, I use a wooden toothpick. I then clean everything up with Isopropyl alcohol or ArcticClean cleaner. I put a smaller than small dab of CLU or CLP (Coollaboratory Liquid Ultra or Pro, though my preference is Pro), and evenly spread it between the CPU and IHS, and put the IHS back on. I don't usually seal the IHS back on (since putting it in a motherboard socket clamps it down tight), but sometimes I do for people wanting their CPU delidded. Just put a small layer of instant epoxy on just the edges if you want to seal it back up.

The CPU with the "bug" in it is in my wife's mini-ITX computer (Corsair 250D with a customized Rajinitek Triton with two Cooler Master PWM fans in pull). At 4.4GHz and 1.200V's, it doesn't go above 54C during load with the fan profile starting at 20% to 100% when at 65C max. At idle, it's in the 20's.

Literally, a bug. I delidded the CPU, and inside was a very, very tiny mite-like bug. I was like, whoa.

I always delid using the vice and hammer with a wood block. I always say I'm going to make a video, but I always forget. There's plenty out there, though.

There are lots of delidding videos out there, but none of them are from you Cappy.  Quit procrastinating and get it done  :)   Great content for our forum members and visitors!

There are lots of delidding videos out there, but none of them are from you Cappy.  Quit procrastinating and get it done   :)   Great content for our forum members and visitors!

I know, I know. I hardly have time these days with a kid, so I do all my delidding in batches once I have time (to save time). Once I get another CPU to delid, I'll make a video, I promise.

Wish I was local to you. I'd get you to do mine. Bit of a walk from Australia in my opinion.

Dont worry to much about a video. I saw three videos and the wood block one was very good.