Water cooled rig temps?

Cespenar

Are you by any chance using auto voltage, if so do not, set the vcore voltage manually.

He's not oc'ing the chip, why would it go to 1.7? Does not compute.

Well if that's the case either there is some problem with the mb or he has something set very wrong in the bios ???

I got help with the BIOS settings within an earlier answer.

Okay, 1.7v, you say that is to much. At the mo, I'm assuming you are saying the voltage goes up when load is on the CPU. Is this the case?

VId is 1.303 and Vcore is 1.68  I assume the Vcore is the one that is worrying you guys.

I thought voltage stayed the same. Guess I'm wrong.

I will log out and check the BIOS now.

And I will bring up de-lidding again. Anybody have this problem and needed to de-lid? Dont want to do it unless abs necessary.

MedievalNerd? I have a list of changes I just did, but Hardware Monitor is still showing 1.68 volts. I didn't see where I could manually enter the voltage.

Here are the BIOS changes in the Tweaker section:

CPU Current Capability: Auto to 100% *************** (This item reads 100% up to 140%)

CPU Power Phase Control: Auto to Standard

CPU VRM Switching Frequency: Auto to Manual

CPU Load Line Calibration: Auto to Level 1

Fixed CPU VRM Switching Frequency (Khz): is set at 300 which is the minimum.

Hardware Monitor at left of BIOS Utility Advanced Mode says Vcore = 1.073 volt. (I want to find a manual figure to adjust for Vcore)

Here is the advanced section:

CPU power management configuration:

Enhanced Intel Speed Step Technology: Enabled to Disabled

Turbo Mode : Enabled to Disabled

CPU C-States left at Auto

If any of these things are a mistake, please inform me asap.

An important question: Is the Vcore reading of 1.68 volt what the motherboard is pumping into the CPU?

Edited by Cespenar

Every time I try to lower the voltage where it said 1.680V (in the BIOS) it says overclocking failed and I have to enter the BIOS to fool around again.

I hate intel. And AMD has been a huge let-down!

Uh OH .......Edit: Vcore has jumped to 1.808 volts with default settings. That is worse than before.

Edited by Cespenar