ASUS, MSI, EVGA GTX 950 Reviewed

Bosco

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This type side by side benchmark clears up any assumptions https://youtu.be/RZZtNqiHXd4,.. but setting up and running side by side video benchmarks for multi-cards for all games would be a lot of work.

Personally I like the current methods for testing used on OCC,.. with game description, settings, screenshot of game, and the bar graphs showing results followed by some comments.     

Edited by Braegnok

Please do not put words in my mouth on this one. If you want to insinuate that I am falsifying the results I have a few letters for you

Where do you see me saying that you are "falsifying" results?

Nowhere, don't go insinuating yourself please, before making a fit and soft-threat me.

You completely missed the point i was making and you make your own assumptions, don't do that.

Instead, just ask for more clarification, more friendly that way too.

I'l go in more detail, since you missed my point entirely in the previous post.

The point i was making here is that the benchmarks are not really realistic (keyword here since you apparently missed that in my previous comment) in terms of the load the GPU is given, giving a higher result in the end and an unrealistic view of the cards performance. Your description of the bench you do for Crysis 3 proves that as well, the indoor sequence and the small outdoor portion has nowhere near the same load as let's say the starting point of chapter two where you see the grasslands and let the mines explode for example.

When seeing the "60FPS" on the benchmarks, people assume they can attain those frames on those settings at all times when playing with that card, and are disappointed when they reach chapter two where the frames drop well below 40 at times. and will never reach that 60FPS again.

To prevent the above scenario, and give a more realistic view on things, it is smart to give the viewer an idea on what you did to achieve said frames/results. If you would have added that part about how you got those Crysis 3 frames, everyone would understand how you got those frames and how you do your benchmarks for that game, and people can recreate that for themselves to compare.

Nothing more, nothing less, i never meant any "harm" or "insult" to you as a reviewer, i just wanted to say that it may be a good idea to mention what you did for a certain game to get those results, so the readers won't be fooled by the frames with their own assumptions.

Hopefully my point is coming across now...

You're missing the entire purpose of the game benchmarks. They are to show RELATIVE performance between the cards tested. Nobody should compare game tests between sites unless the benchmarks are canned in the game...and even then, test setups vary wildly.

If you can't grok that, please just stop complaining.

Please do not put words in my mouth on this one. If you want to insinuate that I am falsifying the results I have a few letters for you

Nowhere, don't go insinuating yourself please, before making a fit and soft-threat me.

You completely missed the point i was making and you make your own assumptions, don't do that.

The point i was making here is that the benchmarks are not really realistic (keyword here since you apparently missed that in my previous comment) in terms of the load the GPU is given, giving a higher result in the end and an unrealistic view of the cards performance. Your description of the bench you do for Crysis 3 proves that as well, the indoor sequence and the small outdoor portion has nowhere near the same load as let's say the starting point of chapter two where you see the grasslands and let the mines explode for example.

When seeing the "60FPS" on the benchmarks, people assume they can attain those frames on those settings at all times when playing with that card, and are disappointed when they reach chapter two where the frames drop well below 40 at times. and will never reach that 60FPS again.

To prevent the above scenario, and give a more realistic view on things, it is smart to give the viewer an idea on what you did to achieve said frames/results. If you would have added that part about how you got those Crysis 3 frames, everyone would understand how you got those frames and how you do your benchmarks for that game, and people can recreate that for themselves to compare.

Nothing more, nothing less, i never meant any "harm" or "insult" to you as a reviewer, i just wanted to say that it may be a good idea to mention what you did for a certain game to get those results, so the readers won't be fooled by the frames with their own assumptions.

You're missing the entire purpose of the game benchmarks. They are to show RELATIVE performance between the cards tested. Nobody should compare game tests between sites unless the benchmarks are canned in the game...and even then, test setups vary wildly.

Useful post, right here....oh wait.

This type side by side benchmark clears up any assumptions https://youtu.be/RZZtNqiHXd4,.. but setting up and running side by side benchmarks for multi-cards for all games would be a lot of work.

Personally I like the current methods for testing used on OCC,.. with game description, settings, screenshot of game, and the bar graphs showing results followed by some comments.     

Thanks! I think we are the only site offering overclocked as well as stock results. 

@ Warweeny------Now using that video as an example The video shows multiple scenarios running with vsync on using the same settings I am using and the game being pegged at 60FS. Some scenarios less. I fail to find the flaw in my testing.  

Exactly!