Time to go natural eating

get_saif

So whats this all about "time to go natural eating"?

Well, it seems i have realized how unhealthy and processed as a human i have become! Yes as a human. Last week was my week of the year. I ate, ate ate and just ate. And what did I eat?

of-course my favorites

1. Burger King XXX-L meal

2. Ruba - Local cuisine (Boiled mutton or fried chicken with loads of rice (Every day launch)

3. KFC Zinger burger

4. Special mini pizzas with local toppings

5. Biryani (Rice with chicken/mutton) then in-between snacks and the usual's. Etc.

You get the idea!

I was very much happy in this last week food cravings. But again, hey I just work to feed myself right? Its so calming to hear that. Not like i am so obese. I weight about 13kg/28Pnds more :).

So the past 2 days and going for the whole 30days I have challenged my-self to loose that extra weight. By what methods?

1. No man-made food (ZERO).

2. Drink Loads of water (5lts/169oz)

3. Eat 20% of what i used to eat. No XXXXXXLLLL anymore.

4. Only veg,fish (limited).. All Steamed.

5. Salt, please no thank you!

I know you must be thinking, is that enough? Surly not, i agree with you.

1. Walk minimum 3.5Km or Cycle. (For any of you i love the app Strava)

So what goes less in my mouth, burns out more in body!

Any thoughts or someone gone through this guilt i am living with, I am acting on it thats a different thing :)

Edited by get_saif

"1. No man-made food (ZERO)"

So you are going to eat grass and tree bark? xD

bear grills life-style! Prepare to drink dat piss and eat spiders hurr hurr hurr.

Every piece of food is man-made these days, be it on land at the farmer or at a local bioshop, everything is made by the hands of men.

Of course i take this very literal here :P

20% of what you used to eat? enjoy that huge jojo at the end of the month lol.

If you eat a lot less than what you did in the past, the body goes in "survival mode", and every bit that comes in the body is stored as fat. When you retun to a more "normal" eating patern, the body is still in this state for a very long time,.

I'd advice you to look into dieting programs instead of making one of your own that will have negative effects on the future.

bear grills life-style! Prepare to drink dat piss and eat spiders hurr hurr hurr.

Every piece of food is man-made these days, be it on land at the farmer or at a local bioshop, everything is made by the hands of men.

If you eat a lot less than what you did in the past, the body goes in "survival mode", and every bit that comes in the body is stored as fat. When you retun to a more "normal" eating patern, the body is still in this state for a very long time,.

I'd advice you to look into dieting programs instead of making one of your own that will have negative effects on the future.

Lol did the man made make you jump your Wagon :) ?

Or did you forget Humans are omnivores ! leaving grass and bark, i can eat fish and my home grown green lol.

Anyhow, 20% was i think too math in my sentence - it should have be sufficient portion.

And i think your that human who does not like much change, so better of eating "Man-made" hotdogs!!

Oh yea to add: "survival mode" is when you starve. That not the case here!

Edited by get_saif

Lol did the man made make you jump your Wagon :) ?

Or did you forget Humans are omnivores ! leaving grass and bark, i can eat fish and my home grown green lol.

Anyhow, 20% was i think too math in my sentence - it should have be sufficient portion.

And i think your that human who does not like much change, so better of eating "Man-made" hotdogs!!

Oh yea to add: "survival mode" is when you starve. That not the case here!

I just noticed the "man made part" and wanted to comment on that, nothing more.

Homegrown green or no, YOU (read man/men/human) let it grow no? hence man made ;P

@survival mode, this will activate if you go a lot lower than ususal intake, you do not need to "starve" lol.

If you usually eat around 3500kcl, and go to 2000 kcl, that is enough for the body to go in survival mode, especially if it is used to the eating pattern you had with KFC and Burger king. 1 whopper has 700kcl, just so you know lol.

What i want to say is, losing weight is a good thing, but do not do things that are not beneficial in the end because of unknowings of the human body and how it responds to dieting.

It sounds a bit ambitious.  You may notice a big difference just cutting out all processed foods.  Reduce amount eaten sure, but not too drastically. What's wrong with salt?  Sure, store salt is bad, but natural salts with all of their minerals are good!

It sounds a bit ambitious.  You may notice a big difference just cutting out all processed foods.  Reduce amount eaten sure, but not too drastically. What's wrong with salt?  Sure, store salt is bad, but natural salts with all of their minerals are good!

You might be correct, yet the food we intake like veg, fruits etc contain sodium in them naturally.

6g for a day is what the doctor say :) .. however, we might wanna read this

http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/Goodfood/Pages/salt.aspx

http://www.news-medical.net/news/20120521/Salt-intake-why-is-it-bad-for-you.aspx

Edited by get_saif

The article is talking about industrial table salt.  Natural salt is a whole different thing and needed by the body.  At any rate the whole salt/blood pressure thing has pretty much been debunked. 

I will say I workout quite regularly but I never noticed much results until I started eating better. And ironically I started saving tons of money!

I no longer drink Soda (2 years now!) and instead replaced it 95% water or rarely lemonade 5% of the time.

No donuts, sweets or sugar cereals.

I lost 25lb in 6 months and have kept it off now for 2 years, just by eating better and actually working out less. I was around 190LB and I now stay at 165LB

Lower your sugar, salt and calories you will lose wright and be healthier.

I will say I workout quite regularly but I never noticed much results until I started eating better. And ironically I started saving tons of money!

I no longer drink Soda (2 years now!) and instead replaced it 95% water or rarely lemonade 5% of the time.

No donuts, sweets or sugar cereals.

I lost 25lb in 6 months and have kept it off now for 2 years, just by eating better and actually working out less. I was around 190LB and I now stay at 165LB

Lower your sugar, salt and calories you will lose wright and be healthier.

I agree with you so much there!

Agreed.  Just stopping the processed food can change everything.

Its my 4th day, i have lost 3Kgzzzzzzz... Water is just helping so much. 

But i see my family eating,, smells good  :doh:

Edited by get_saif

You'll get used to having temptations all around.  I live in a house where there are cookies sitting on the counter, ice cream in the freezer, and chocolates in the pantry.  You just develop a "those are not for me" mindset.  :)