Intel Core i7 5775C Reviewed

Bosco

I think the real winner of the whole thing is that Iris Pro IGP. Seems like an absolute beast for an IGP, and a far better option than anything offered previously. Laptops running that won't need settings turned down to their lowest to get a playable game, depending on the game, of course.

Broadwell is a nice sidestep for Haswell, in some cases, and a nice stepping stone to get to Skylake.

This is more about getting Iris pro out to the masses that use an IGP. There are many more users of an IGP than a discrete card. In that respects its a bad ass chip with IPC improvements.  

• 2 weeks later...

i was looking for a way to bump up the multi-threading and video processing on my new security camera server and this is beginning to look like a viable option... i will certainly keep it in mind

\ since the power needs are low, just 65 watts as compared to the i3 4370 i'm using now at 54 watts,  it would absolutely do the job at not much more cost,...

i wish i could frank, but the case isn't tall enough,...and low profile just doesn't cut it imho,...but the iris pro should be plenty to do the job ! whatchu think ?