What's with all the spam lately ?

Actually, a solution would be to not allow any new users to create a new forum until they verify the account or post something like 5 posts. I dunno, just an idea.

I really wish that when the topic is removed, it would remove it from the front page as "latest".  It seems people like to post more on the current activity, but when the current activity is clogged with spam, there's less activity.  It's also right on the front page for guests and potential new members to see

Actually, a solution would be to not allow any new users to create a new forum until they verify the account or post something like 5 posts. I dunno, just an idea. :dunno:

Sounds like a good idea, if it's possible , but if someone was going to join to just get some help it might cause a problem.

I really wish that when the topic is removed, it would remove it from the front page as "latest".  It seems people like to post more on the current activity, but when the current activity is clogged with spam, there's less activity.  It's also right on the front page for guests and potential new members to see

Yep, I am one of those people who very rarely look at anythnig but the "latest" posts on the front page.

How about we put a bounty on the sumbitches or have a contest,.. go after them hunt down and destroy the spam websites instead of setting back and playing defense.

There are 2 legal methods of destroying spam websites. One is the domain bust,.. the other method is the host bust,.. both are effective and simple to execute.

Generally spammers are lazy and lack technical knowledge or they would have an honest job,.. if spammers websites are destroyed or they lose sponsors each and every time they post spam on our forum they will not come back.

Release the Kraken,.. make spammers fear OCC  :starwars:

Edited by Braegnok