Windows 10 Works Just Fine on Acer Aspire One from 2008

gebraset

Microsoft has boasted that its next iteration of the Windows operating system is supposed to work on all devices that previously ran Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 8.1. In order to test this claim, Bogdan Popa at Softpedia decided to install Windows 10 on an Acer Aspire One that was released seven years ago, in 2008. The Acer Aspire One features an Intel Atom N450 processor running at a smooth 1.66GHz, 1GB of RAM, and a 320GB hard disk. The installation of Windows 10 was facilitated through a USB drive, and only took 15 minutes to fully install, with the user account setup taking just a few minutes more to get everything up and running. All drivers for the Acer Aspire One were installed without user interaction, the maximum screen resolution was automatically set, and the performance of the mobile device was flawless when navigating through various menus.

Although the device of course performs poorly when running demanding applications, and Windows 10 takes roughly 40 seconds to boot from a cold start, it is relieving that Microsoft is fully committed to supporting older systems.

Source: Softpedia

Back to original news post

Windows 10 Pro Preview latest build as of last week,.. is not stable/compatible on three of my seven PC's that all run W7 100% stable,.. also W10 Pro preview is not compatible with my Data/File Encryption software, AutoCAD 14,.. or FOSS Software,.. so I'll be sticking with W7 on most of my rigs.

Windows 10 Enterprise Preview does work 100% stable on my old Dell PowerEdge server,.. so I will be doing the free upgrade to W10 from Windows Server 2003.

Edited by Braegnok