Not booting up

Greetings.  A fairly new build and been working great, now suddenly it wont boot up properly, I get the MS logo briefly then a blank screen, it does not get as far as the happy beep when the BIOS hands off to the OS.

Any thoughts on this chaps ?

Thanks, Buster.

Disconnect any external devices that aren't needed right away (i.e. USB, eSATA, port multipliers etc.)

Try to boot.

If boot fails, try to boot to Windows in safe mode.

If boot fails, grab the appropriate disk management / test software for the disk drive that houses your OS and see if there are any errors.

Report findings.

• 1 month later...

OK, a bit of an overdue update ( not had time to deal with it ) Tried all the suggestions above, no luck, re seated the GPU & RAM. Checked all SSD & MOBO connections, all seemed fine. I can report a slight improvement, I now get the happy beep during the MS logo but it still looks like the BIOS is not handing off to the OS. 

I would do a non destructive re install of the OS but I don't think it can be done in safe mode ?

Any advice chaps ?

The fact that the PC will boot in safe mode still makes me think that this is a hardware, driver or OS issue.  

Is everything in the BIOS set to factory defaults?  Are you running the latest BIOS revision for your motherboard?  Have you disconnected all external devices (at least until you can confirm a clean boot?)

I just had similar a problem that I solved by removing my video card and booting using the on board chip. After installing the correct drivers I'm up and running.

It might work for you.

Edited by phil69

Thanks phil69, that fixed it !!, pulled the GPU and plugged the monitor into the MOBO, now back up and running. So that eliminates a corrupt OS or the SSD it lives on so I looks like my trusty ole 580 is toast ?

What do you you chaps think ?