Light On Window?

Just curious what you guys think about mounting a cold cathode on the case window itself. In order to achieve the best lighting effect, I think that's what I'm gonna have to do, as the window takes up almost the entire side of the case (can't mount it just to the side), and certain fans and other bits of hardware from my water cooling system are restricting my ability to mount the thing anywhere else. Well, there are a *few* other places I could put it, but those would dampen the lighting somewhat (due to the afforementioned case obstacles), and I want all the blacklight stuff to show up everywhere.

Oh, and I won a second cold cathode from Xioxide, a bright blue one... can't think of any place to put it, except for mounting it outside. Any thoughts?

I would recommend you find a place "inside": crossbar, above the PSU, on the floor of the case, vertical behind the drive bays (if you case is tall enough), etc.

I tried mounting both my UV cold cathodes on my window panel, but anytime I needed to take the panel off to install new fans, run cables, etc. (still tinkering with it alot) I got tired of disconnecting all the conncections everytime...

I settled for using high stregth "super velcro" from Radio Shack, in tiny little strips that will fit onto the glass sleeve of the cold cathode...works pretty well. I can remove the cathode, disconnect it from the interior of the case while I run my power cables, temp sensors, fan leads, etc. and then just push it down onto the velcro when I'm done.

Just my two cents...but having them attached to the window itself bugged me.

if you are going to put on the the window this is what I would recommend:

I would put something inbetween the window and the light, somthing you couldnt see through. Then have the light pointing towards the center of the window, it should splash pretty well but it you can actually see the light the mod wont look nearly as good because that bright light is distracting from the overall effect.

Basicly the same thing ronin said..

It will be a hassel.. I have 2 fans on my windows themselves.. and when I take the door off Well.. Now I have the cable like 3 feel long so I can just push the door off to the side..

But I used to have to disconnect.. and then put back together.. blah blah..

Just go buy a bunch of cheap compacs (sp???)... not the computer, the makeup thingie women use... or vanaty mirriors... place them along the bottom or side of your case.... this will reflect the lights all arround,, making it brighter. :P

I forgot to mention, this is an ultraviolet cold cathode... does that make any difference in your opinions? The window takes up almost the entire side, like I said, and I was thinking of mounting it on the extreme left edge of the window, positioning it vertically. This way it would illuminate not only the case itself, but some of the outside as well (though whether I block it from shining out is another thing altogether).

I *do* like the idea of throwing mirrors in the case, but as I said, this is a UV light so I don't know what good it would do. If I decide to use that blue one I won then I'll definatly do it.

I have a UV Cathrode in my case.. I would advise you if ur going to do it.. get 2 of them.. one on each side or top and bottom.. because its not that bright.. :( sad to say.. I could use another one in this case...

Oh well... Its a very nice effect on some of my stuff though :)