Which Ram Should I Get

Hey peeps can some1 tell me what the heck a good RAM chip is that can be OC'd past 200fsb cause my samsung pc3200 goes only to 193 and i heard mushkin level 2 pc3500 easily goes past 200fsb.. ANYBODY? <_<

Special: What timings was that at? 245fsb is pretty impressive at ANY timings, though.

Anyway, I have had no complaints with my Geil Ultra Platinum pc3500, and I got it cheap too. (84 bucks for 2x256 sticks)

Special: What timings was that at? 245fsb is pretty impressive at ANY timings, though.

Anyway, I have had no complaints with my Geil Ultra Platinum pc3500, and I got it cheap too. (84 bucks for 2x256 sticks)

Timings... didnt stay at that speed for long but the timings were something loose! dont specifically remember just remember not enjoying putting 3V to my brand new ram... im waiting for an email back from Kreton so i know what chips are in it (CH-5's maybe CH-6's, Maybe infineon not sure; they stock winbond though)

That ram you've got should be able to get at least 200, since it is pc3200 after all. I had generic pc3200 ram that could hit 210fsb+. Do you have the vdimm at 2.8V?

:withstupid: Real pointless to go and purchase PC3500 when you already know the RAM isn't the problem as of yet..

I agree with Akoyona and others, your RAM isn't the problem. I would bet its the mobo that's causing your troubles. I've had PC3200 up to 245+ 1:1, that was with a ton of volts though.

Also, remeber that Mushkin RAM requires alotta volts to get moving. You'll need a volt mod on that ASUS to make any PC3200 or PC3500 really scream, so if you're weary about doing mods, you may wanna sacrifice a little performance and get some PC4000 or PC4200 RAM.

Just raise the voltage for your memory then you'll hit 200fsb. Also upgrade your bios if you haven't done it yet. I have 2700 samsungs in another system that could hit it that with no problems and with the right voltage. so your 3200 should do it too.

Edited by smithy