Sign in to follow this  
Ronin

REALLY Hard Case Mod Need Help

this is wht we are going to do.

We take motor A and hook it up to the old core of an hdd. This spins the discs of the hdd. Then this is wehre it gets hard. The needle is the hard part, we want it to move randomly around on the hdd. If I have a motor connected to it that moves it in an oval like patter on the disc then all I need is the ranomizer. The sequence of electricty hsould last from 2-7 seconds and have both clockwise and counter-clockwise motion(achieved with switching electricty flow, ie - becomes +) I can build a circuit if somoene knows the correct sequence to do it...any ideas people? I should have taken an electronics course so I could do this...too bad Im lazy.

solution has been found!

we did this mod to an hdd http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/~hsakr/hdspeaker.../hdspeakers.htm

this is good because it we wont actually have it producing audible sound, which is what we want. The head moves around depending on the bass!!! So it only moves when a bass guitar is playing or the drums, so it dances to the music!!!! This is even better then we hoped, we're going to replace the top of the hdd with plexiglass so you can seeinside and then we're putting an LED (laser led probably) inside of that and then have it inside my friends computer which has a window.

the other thing we're doing is we hook up 1 led to the power and that flashes with the beat and then we hook another one up just for lighting that is hooked up to the same thing as the motor(we think but havent tried yet) so that will have constant light to show off the aparatus and then the other led for going with the beat. Whee!

haha.. Im sorry ronin.. I really did like the idea.. I just couldent figure out how to help you out..

I love Afromans site!

When you do get it done hook us up with somepics!

lol... Afroman...

I was gonna post a reply, but then I got high.... I was gonna say post a pix, but then I got high...

Because I got high....

Because I got high....

Because I got high....

Im like lookin at that and here's all I can think of...

"I have no idea whats goin on..." like towlie... heh

ya post some other pix cause Im confused...

sounds cool though

hehe, well first we needed help, then we figured it out, then there was another devlopment then I needed to whine!

You see, theres a good reason for everything. Ill hopefully have some pics and movies by the end of the week...Ill just stick them on here.

Hello everybody. I'm new to this forum, but I'm the friend that Ronin keeps refering to. This mod is going into my case (which I haven't actually ordered yet, but that's not stopping us...)

To explain a little better what's going on:

We took the cover off an old harddrive, exposing the nice shiny platters. Then, we found out where to attach a sound signal to the head of the drive, so that it jumps back and forth with the beat of the music. Very much like on the afroman site. Now, we're taking this one step further, by putting an LED into the drive, to shine off of the platters. Then, we've got a sheet of plexiglass that's all cut and drilled to match the old cover of the drive, which we're going to put onto the drive to keep out bad stuff like dust.

Eventually, this will be placed facing the window of my new thermaltake case, so that, well, so that it'll look cool. That's the whole reason for modding, right?