Acrylic tube bending... why are my bends are turning hazy?

I did a test piece when I got home. Got it hotter and let it air cool. Turned out nice. I know where alot of these venders get their petg in bulk now and about to make an order. About to order 20 ft of it for $20 [emoji5]

Before14908b3472db7ebc7a981de14901ad85.jpg

After a938e2d6f6d6104fbadc3225d8ef29fb.jpg

Edited by hove131

getting your bend on now,.. looks good. :cheers:

while your waiting for new tubing,.. try wrapping some scrap tubing around some different sized dia. copper pipe,.. you will get great looking double turns or 90's using pipe to form bend then hold tightly while cooling slowly.  

• Like 1

now that's some PETG bending lol. Yea i always check mcmaster since we order from them daily. Great prices and fast shipping. also if you want to do some spiral designs in your PETG get a 1 inch or even half inch how ever big you want honestly and bend it around it going up you can make some wicked looking designs just by looking around your house lol. I've seen people take a some wood and route it out to spell things or crazy shapes. 

• 1 year later...

Ok I have quick question.  I had no hazing at all on any of my tubes when i installed into my system.  Now 4 to 4 days later i have hazing on most of my tubing.  I had no hazing at all on any of my bends.  .  Any Ideas of why this is happening.  I am going too have to redo all the tubes and do not want to make the same mistake.  16mm PETG Tubing. 

15380715_10209641306643095_4400854786014