Nixie FunKlock Kit Mounted in a Voltmeter

My second DIY project is completed. It's a Nixie FunKlock Kit from pvceletronics. The case housing is a Weston 433 Voltmeter. The kit was fairly straight forward and easy to build. I never soldered anything before so this project turned out pretty well. I had an issue with the tubes originally not lighting up fully. I contacted customer service and they send a new controller the next day. So I'd highly recommend them.

Photo Album

O2WdcVQl.jpg?1

Edited by WhenKittensATK

Nice Job, Wish It was not nearly 200 for the whole kit, If so I would have one in route.q

Yeah, Nixie clocks are expensive. This kit was about $80 shipped from the UK to Florida, USA. It took a week to ship. I think its by far one of the cheapest and complete kits. Includes PCB + parts, tubes, and a plexiglass case. You just supply a power supply ($6-8 on Amazon/eBay). The Weston voltmeter was $20 shipped on eBay. So I spent roughly $100 on it (most expensive clock I've ever bought). This is excluding tools, but I have two other DIY electronic kit to make my initial cost of tools worthwhile.

Edited by WhenKittensATK

That is badass!

Yes of course

Nice Job, Wish It was not nearly 200 for the whole kit, If so I would have one in route.q

Yeah, Nixie clocks are expensive. This kit was about $80 shipped from the UK to Florida, USA. It took a week to ship. I think its by far one of the cheapest and complete kits. Includes PCB + parts, tubes, and a plexiglass case. You just supply a power supply ($6-8 on Amazon/eBay). The Weston voltmeter was $20 shipped on eBay. So I spent roughly $100 on it (most expensive clock I've ever bought). This is excluding tools, but I have two other DIY electronic kit to make my initial cost of tools worthwhile.

And I still totally want one. I was looking at the 200 dollar models. Now if I could find parts of an instrument cluster to integrate it into that would be fantastic. Need to find a donor benz part to make it right.

And I still totally want one. I was looking at the 200 dollar models. Now if I could find parts of an instrument cluster to integrate it into that would be fantastic. Need to find a donor benz part to make it right.

You might get lucky at a junkyard.