i think the day has come

jdm_freek

Most of the latest games are very meh. I think the problem is that no one is really doing anything different anymore, everything is either a sequel a prequel or a remake.

It's actually a bonus. Since I know I don't have time for gaming anymore, I buy games 2-3 years after they've been released for like $5, and when the bugs have mostly been fleshed out. Plus, if it took say, a GTX 580 to play those games back then, the equivalent is like a HD 7850, which is like $50 used now.

It's actually a bonus. Since I know I don't have time for gaming anymore, I buy games 2-3 years after they've been released for like $5, and when the bugs have mostly been fleshed out. Plus, if it took say, a GTX 580 to play those games back then, the equivalent is like a HD 7850, which is like $50 used now.

I buy the games at Steam sales when they are less than $5.

• Like 1

you know my wife brought something to my attention 2 years ago I had a pretty bad cycling accident and suffered a major concussion and a subdural hematoma. and after that I seem to have lost the ability to focus and stay interested on any one thing which would explain why I have lost interest in gaming.

Any particular reason?

i  upgrade just to upgrade and i find myself losing interest in gaming so whats the point.   

I agree. I caught myself thinking - "ok, so i am going to buy a new Gsync screen coupled with 980 Ti, waste $1.5k and then what? Run a few games, make sure there is no screen tearing and then use the machine once a week to do my job-related tasks?" Most of the games i occasionaly revisit run smoothly even on my current GTX 670... So whats the point...

• Like 1

it doesn't help COD 10 is about to come out. AC 7 , BF 6? Repeating the same game over and over is boring. Also having mordern consoles that play games at 1080 means developers no longer make games for PC and than port it to consoles. It's the other way around. Games generally look like crap compared to what they could be running like.

This is why I mainly play on the PS4. No need to ever upgrade my graphics card because I can still play games just fine on my Quadro FX 4800 (GTX 280).

I feel you, I'm mostly in the same boat, I haven't bought an upgrade for my rig in like 5 years. I really haven't needed to I guess is the main reason, but mostly because I can't afford that crap anymore lol.

I find I get the most enjoyment out of sand box games these days, like Ark survival evolved and such. I'm still big into Halo always will be so I'm pretty excited for the halo 5 release this october, I plan to play that hard.

• Like 1

I buy the games at Steam sales when they are less than $5.

Same here. :) Most promo's are for $5 though. The really good ones are less than that.

I would hate to concede that it's a sign of getting older lol maybe just becoming more mature.

It's a mix. Gaming is catering to everyone these days, not just the older ex-hardcore gaming crowd. I'm getting together with a dad's group playing Pathfinder D&D, lol. Talk about old school... don't need a graphics card to play that.

Gaming can be fun still. Its just that finding the time when other things in your life are calling makes it harder. Spring and summer bring more outdoor work and engaging opportunities.