i think the day has come

jdm_freek

Well don't worry about having the latest and greatest card or processor or component. There's no reason to jump from upgrades like that way. There are plenty people who go three years or more between upgrades and aren't bothered by it. Settings get dialed down here and there, but games can still look pretty great even with that.

I feel your pain, I lost interest last year. What got me back into it was the itch to upgrade so I started gaming again so I would have a better excuse for why I wanted to. Though I was having fun my 5770 just screaming away with it's blower cooler and was starting to struggle in newer games.

Well don't worry about having the latest and greatest card or processor or component. There's no reason to jump from upgrades like that way. There are plenty people who go three years or more between upgrades and aren't bothered by it. Settings get dialed down here and there, but games can still look pretty great even with that.

My upgrade cycle is about 5 years plus and I still haven't found a game that looks bad with the settings I end up using.

• Like 1

maybe you guys are on to something i think i just burnt myself out chasing the 'latest and greatest'

i think i need to focus more on what brought me to pc's in the first place custom builds and repairs.

i haven't done either in a long time. thank you guys for the redirect. 

• Like 1

I'm now officially an old fart I think and lost interest in gaming several years ago and nothing really interests me anymore hence still running a i7 920 that does all I need.

I occasionally revisit games like the C&C, Half Life and Crysis series that I enjoyed at the time but there's nothing new that interests me anymore.