Case options for new build

RedCap

Okay, so now that I have a stable career and some extra cache to spend, I am planning out my dream machine build. I'm a big fan of 'Go big or go home', but I don't want to spend 500-800$ on a boutique case (i.e. Caselabs, mountainmods) So it looks like my best bet is the 900D. Now don't get me wrong, I would love to build in the 900D, but the case has been out for 2 years and is kind of tired. You can't do much that hasn't already been done. So what I'm looking for is some alternatives the the beautiful monster that is the 900D for me to use as my canvas for my build. Looking for ample watercooling support, large size (the better to mod with, my dear), and a very clean design that isn't busy. I may very well be CNC milling designs into aluminum at the machine shop I work at. I'd like to keep it under 400. I figured I would ask here, because I know some of you have reviewed and/or built in a variety of new cases, and it is quite possible that there is something I have missed in my research.  This will be turning into a worklog once I start actually purchasing parts. :)Thanks for the help guys!

Buy a thermaltake x3 if you don't mind matx and an x9 for atx and eatx. Watercool everything and enjoy it. I know I like mine. Only doing the processor right now but video cards sooner or later.