Fallout 4 - Coming November 10, 2015

DanTheGamer11

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The X-1 Armor is the Advanced Power Armor from Fallout 2 that you see the Enclave wearing. Like this. I would imagine there's a Power Armor frame that you then slot the parts into, and then scavenge stuff from any Power Armor wearing enemies.

AI should be better, least it seems that way from the early stuff. Not having your dog respond right away is nice, because really, how often does your dog respond to whatever you say soon as you say it?

Enemies seem to be immensely varied. Ton of different names and armors already seen on the ones so far, so certainly looks to be a ton of variety.

During the Microsoft press conference, Todd Howard just said Fallout 4 on the Xbox One can access PC mods. Well, wonder what Sony can do to match that.

Oh cool to know, didn't play Fallout 2 yet, guess the T 60/b is the only new one maybe.

I don't know tbh, I guess the dog was a stray too and not trained so I guess it's acceptable... so long as you don't trip over it :)

During the Microsoft press conference, Todd Howard just said Fallout 4 on the Xbox One can access PC mods. Well, wonder what Sony can do to match that.

There was also something that briefly popped up saying that Fallout 3 comes with Fallout 4, but it disappeared and Howard didn't say anything about it. Might just be taking advantage of the backwards compatibility feature announced, which would at least come close to the holiday release date for that feature, assuming the FO3 offer goes live with FO4.

Also, none of the facial animations looked that great to me, Dan. Not something worth worrying about though, because that could be polished away, and we don't know the age of any of the footage. Besides, there are more important things than facial animations in a game.

True, the gameworld already looks good, don't think the animations will be any worse than F3/NV, and seeming huge some blunders can be forgiven :) The start should be pretty nice though, you want to make the players feel good during the start :) Doesn't seem hard to fix though

Man I missed much lol, watching the new gameplay now :D

No groin shots? So many people asking for that lol (seems like waist area is targetable :O in the power armour sequence)

Hit markers :s

That power armour tho mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, I doubt you want to use that all the time xd

Edited by DanTheGamer11

No, nothing mentioned about map size other than "huge." I added the footage from the MS conference in my last post above.

The T-60 armor is something entirely new for Fallout 4. Very curious how it'll be. T-45, T-51, and X-1 (formerly Advanced Power Armor) are all familiar ones. Wonder if the Mk II variant, like what most of the Enclave forces have in Fallout 3, will appear at all. Same for Tesla and Hellfire.

Ah okay, thanks for the reply. Whatever size it is, it seems big just from the background stuff you can see, maybe it will be x2 skyrim like those guys think

Yeah, I would be pretty disappointed(well maybe, not entirely sure) if you could only use the T-60/b a few scripted times, but it doesn't seem that fast(unless a faster movement wasn't shown)... I wonder if that changes the other power armours too, but I doubt they would change it that much... I hope those come back, I love me some power armour :)

That's good to hear Jim :) Imagine trudging form one side to the other with the T-60/b lol, plus we did see the ocean(seemed like it with the beach huts/houses and stuff) so it seems pretty big... with wrecks a way out, wonder if they're explorable :O Maybe fetch missions to there... wonder if any of the power armours are waterproof lel

Soooooo.... since the X-1 appears.... Enclave? Will be interesting to see how you come across it, maybe abandoned places or the non experimental vaults? Who knows

Edited by DanTheGamer11

The Enclave is basically gone after the events of Fallout 3, with just remnants still around. There could be a chapter in the midwest still, like Chicago, that way to head back east and try to get stuff reclaimed. Who knows, really.

The Power Armor I have to imagine you can use at any time and any place. What's the point of giving us an RPG to play how we want if they limit the most iconic armor to only selected areas? Maybe at first you have to do a quest to get it and learn how to use it, but then you bring it back to your workshop and start to tinker with it. Add parts to it, paint jobs, mods, whatever. I do love that you get the HUD from the Power Armor whether you're in first or third-person, which is great to have.

Boston and all that is right on the coast, so it wouldn't have to be real big to get to the coast. :lol: Just curious how much of the Commonwealth is actually in it. Skyrim is about 14.3 sq miles, while the Boston area is a hair under 90 sq miles. Witcher 3, meanwhile, is about 52 sq miles.

Mods for XBO are slated early 2016, with PS4 hoping to get them, too.

I wonder if we can tell the dog to go somewhere and fire a fat man at him and he goes flying :D Find the dog lol

That's nice to confirm I guess, I wonder what lead to it crashing, if it's just the players choice or if the MIT/somebody else wanted it down

I want to hope it's because we got to crash it. :lol:

If you want to try and launch the dog, feel free. I'm going to use him as a trusted companion and help me take down some muties.

Or that D: Doubt it will be pilotable lol, maybe unless you steal it from them but that seems crazy lol

Saw that a tank in the prewar part of the trailer is missing in the postwar part in a youtube video, wonder what that means =]

Oh I will :D Wanna see how funky the physics get, might lose some trust tho hehe, <3 quicksave+load