Fallout 4 - Coming November 10, 2015

DanTheGamer11

Hopefully the game compensates for no wacky wasteland perk :D

Yay it finally arrived in the mail, only pretty much a week after launch. You get a steelbook with postcards inside and the normal version pc retail version with the perk poster separate to the steelbook, don't have to wear and tear the steelbook ^.^ Steelbook is nice, power armour + dog <3

2905833.jpg

Edited by DanTheGamer11

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Enjoying the game so far. Wish my dude could carry more gear/loot. Constantly dumping gear on my companion and still walking out of a zone, having to bump that buffout to fast travel and unload is getting old. Now I'm addicted to chems.  :woo:

Also, anyone getting stuck on terminals? I have to save before accessing any terminals or I get a 50% chance of getting stuck when exiting. I heard it's tied to the refresh rate. So annoying.

I haven't been stuck on a terminal or anything else. I did have one issue the other night after alt-tabbing where the game was basically stuck in a small resolution, but exiting and loading it back up fixed it. Only issue I've had yet with alt-tabbing, so not quite sure what caused it.

As for the carry weight, either put more into strength or modify your armor to be pocketed or deep pocketed. Pocketed adds 5 to the carry weight, while deep pocketed adds 10. Also, store food and junk in the workbenches. Mods, too. You can utilize those at each settlement after you set up a supply line between them, so you don't have to carry all the tatos or weapon parts  or steel or whatever on you when setting up a new place. Just get a supply line going and you can share all that stored stuff between places. I only carry Nuka Colas, some purified water, stimpaks, radaway, and whatever food I made on me. All others get stored for easy use later at a cooking station or building.

Hopefully the game compensates for no wacky wasteland perk :D

Yay it finally arrived in the mail, only pretty much a week after launch. You get a steelbook with postcards inside and the normal version pc retail version with the perk poster separate to the steelbook, don't have to wear and tear the steelbook ^.^ Steelbook is nice, power armour + dog

*snip*

Glad to hear you got it, finally! Now to say goodbye to most other forms of contact. :lol:

Enjoying the game so far. Wish my dude could carry more gear/loot. Constantly dumping gear on my companion and still walking out of a zone, having to bump that buffout to fast travel and unload is getting old. Now I'm addicted to chems.  :woo:

Also, anyone getting stuck on terminals? I have to save before accessing any terminals or I get a 50% chance of getting stuck when exiting. I heard it's tied to the refresh rate. So annoying.

One would say you have a....terminal illness

giphy.gif

I spent most of yesterday watching my friend play it. It seems with 3 or more fusion cores and even just one step into Nuclear Physicist the game is relative joke with power armor lol

I'm refusing to play until the end of this semester, then nothing will stand in my way haha. I won't even look for a real job until I'm done :woot:

Edited by IVIYTH0S

Biggest complaint so far is that depth of field can't be disabled, and apparently disabling it via the ini files breaks the view underwater :/ It makes everything blurry af, that or the aa since I don't usually play with AA but I think it's the dof since bushes are sharp until they start moving then they insta blur :/ I got a headache the first time I played it, not sure if from the fov or dof :/ hope it's a once off.

And the mouse acceleration of course. God rays on low look poop(or I assume it is god rays, it looks very pixely). Less annoying but distracting sometimes is the textures but I can live with that.

Gameplay is pretty good, got rekt by deathclaw(is it legendary for everybody?) in two hits on hard :D 3rd person power armour animation seems too flexible and weightless, first person is good

Managed to glitch out the subtitles for Preston, same text for the whole first conversation

Edited by DanTheGamer11

Just use this tool to disable mouse acceleration and adjust the FOV. Can also mess with DOF and more. :lol: And play on better textures and settings. The game looks damn good, imo.

Btw, you can use Power Armor without any attachments to it. Won't be as armored, but is certainly possible. Guess I was wrong if I said so otherwise earlier, lol.

Will try for sure. Am running ultra apart from depth of field on normal and no motion blur, gonna try no TAA now.  Wish I could play on better textures, difference between the decals and some stuff is sad, not really using much vram either. Looks better than Fallout 3/NV(granted they're oooold) lel, apart from DoF and the blur

You can run it without fusion cores too, not as good tho... wish I could leave the suit opened up instead of closed or as an option, would look nice :D Doesn't have any benefits that I was speculating for running no armour though :c

Seems like nvidia got rid of their tweak guide for some reason

Sigh no aa is ugly, taa is blurry, idk which is the lesser of two evils D: Don't think my gpu can super sample :') eugh mods

is fxaa less blurry than taa? poor aa options in this

For storing the suit ya noob lol

hard difficulty is pretty hard :D who'd of thunk dat

Edited by DanTheGamer11

Mess around with the different settings or just force something in your driver's control panel.

Sure, store it open. Let some beastie crawl into it. :lol:

Positively shocking that hard is actually hard, lol.

I keep taking down legendary enemies. Two muties, a radscorpion, glowing mole rat, raider psycho, and a glowing radroach so far. The freaking radscorpion was actually attacking one of my settlements.

I'm stuck with TAA for now. Somebody is bottlenecking for me though, more than likely the cpu like other games :(

Ur right, don't want a deathclaw to get in one or a ghoul D:

Managed to get myself into one of them situations where you save and die half a second later, am trying to get out of it but when you(at least for me) quickload the game actually starts before it fully loads so you just insta die when you can actually see stuff :/

I'm breaking this game so bad, can see white boxes in places, thought they were concrete ground but I just fall through them :D

I tell you what I'm getting rekt by everything lol, managed to get headshotted by a molotov or something D: nice throw raider scum. What difficulty is everybody playing on? I'm not regretting not picking the option before Survivalist ^.^ Got a bit lucky and found a raider that had power armour and a fatman, but kept shooting at its own feet <3 the skrub

I got a mini nuke lobbed right at me once. That was fun...

You have a save from a bit before? Could always set the autosave to be every five minutes instead of the default 10.

It definitely sounds like you're a bit CPU limited. Time for an upgrade.

Sigh no aa is ugly, taa is blurry, idk which is the lesser of two evils D: Don't think my gpu can super sample :') eugh mods

is fxaa less blurry than taa? poor aa options in this

For storing the suit ya noob lol

hard difficulty is pretty hard :D who'd of thunk dat

I'm running it at 2560X1440, ultra with everything maxxed and feel it looks kind of poopy. The engine is definitely showing its age. Hoping a texture pack comes out soon.