Cespenar

Win7 or win8.1

This EBay link will show all of the Win 7 Pro 64 bit keys and software:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=windows+7+64+bit+key&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H1.Xwindows+7+Pro+64+bit+key.TRS1&_nkw=windows+7+Pro+64+bit+key&_sacat=0

This key is for a $55 version which included the DVD:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Microsoft-Windows-7-Professional-64-bit-Pro-SP1-FULL-Version-1CD-NEW-Product-Key-/221785914740?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item33a3787d74

Buyer Beware - but - most of theser sites would be shut down if they did not deliver what they listed.

I have listed only as a reference.

I bought a W7 key from India for a whole $27 a month or two ago.

Edited by GabrielT

I bought a W7 key from India for a whole $27 a month or two ago.

not shady  :ph34r:

It is perfectly legal. If Microsoft chooses to sell their OS for a different price in a different market they can not stop the resale of said product to another market for profit.

I could have just had a friend pick up a copy from the college, I already bought both of my $20 copies :P

That $55 copy has an $86 freight to add to the price. Ouch!

I don't know if anybody has considered this but an American version of windows used to be not usable in Australia. Is this fact or fiction. (Region locked)

India is considered to be Asia so that copy might be good. GabrielIT please advise the site of purchase.

I will still wait for Dan to get home. (2 days time)

I wouldn't think it would matter because otherwise if I took my laptop overseas with me it would stop working or if I moved there. So I doubt it

The only thing that links windows to countries is the ip address, which would have no bearing on how the os works.

Full disclosure, I am not sure how legit this is but I understand Microsoft sells windows much cheaper in some countries. Those people buy and re-selll them for a small profit. To my knowledge these are legitimates windows keys and mine worked just fine.

If it turns out to not be legal I am very sorry but as far as I know Microsoft lost the court case when they tried to take some people like this to court.

My seller looks like he had to do a name change because microsoft likes to harass these guys. I am not sure who he is but follow the link to a seller with a few good ratings.

http://www.bonanza.com/items/search?q[catalog_id]=&q[filter_category_id]=&q[in_booth_id]=&q[shipping_in_price]=0&q[sort_by]=relevancy&q[translate_term]=true&q[search_term]=windows%207%20key

GabrielIT, If I make this purchase, do I get a downloaded key?

If that is correct, what do I have to do then?

Another question. Does the seller ship a disc, or is this an ISO thingy?

edit: My taskbar has an icon asking me to update to windows 10. I don't think it is out yet. Maybe spam.

Edited by Cespenar

So the way I did it, I had the ISO boot file loaded on to a flash drive.

Some of the sellers will provide an ISO to download and others don't. I would personally get the ISO from Microsofts website.

When in doubt contact your seller of choice and see what they advise you to do.