A Logo Request....

p8baller07

btw....if you're just repairing the comps and not building them, then i think that's really dick to do something like that. It's one thing to change the OEMlogo, but not the bootscreen. I take it you would be using BootXP. If you install it on their system without their knowledge, that could be troublesome, because supposedly you cannot reinstall windows or repair it if bootxp is installed (you get errors). If all you're doing is repairing, then that doesn't warrant you putting crap on their computer. And most likely, if you're repairing these people's machines, i'm guessing they're usually pre-builts, meaning the company would've already put an oemlogo and oeminfo in it, so you would be changing it.

That's just my 2cents.

btw....if you're just repairing the comps and not building them, then i think that's really dick to do something like that.  It's one thing to change the OEMlogo, but not the bootscreen.  I take it you would be using BootXP.  If you install it on their system without their knowledge, that could be troublesome, because supposedly you cannot reinstall windows or repair it if bootxp is installed (you get errors).  If all you're doing is repairing, then that doesn't warrant you putting crap on their computer.  And most likely, if you're repairing these people's machines, i'm guessing they're usually pre-builts, meaning the company would've already put an oemlogo and oeminfo in it, so you would be changing it.

That's just my 2cents.

agreed, and messing with the boot.ini can cause problems, i know it did with mine, and i was just bootxp, it corrupted it and wouldn't let me into windows. if ur someone who knows something about it like us and cna get rid of it ok its still pretty bad but someone people will have no idea how to change it which makes it worse. or even worse once they get it back they try to change it and mess something up.

fixing your bootup is very easy, insert your windows xp cd... get to the dos or black screen from the install screen.. and just do fixboot or somthihng like that...BTW.. hear is a new logo.. same thing but diffrent.. hmm...???

EDIT .. just print your boot.ini.. because you can alwies del it and make anotherone with the edit command in the dos screen from the boot cd

[boot loader]

timeout=10

default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS

[operating systems]

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect /KERNEL=LOGOOS.EXE

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="(Backup Line) Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect

fixing your bootup is very easy, insert your windows xp cd... get to the dos or black screen from the install screen.. and just do fixboot or somthihng like that...BTW.. hear is a new logo.. same thing but diffrent.. hmm...???

that didn't work when it happened. plus why should they have to do that when they wouldn't have had to do it before if he wouldn't have installed it?

btw....if you're just repairing the comps and not building them, then i think that's really dick to do something like that. It's one thing to change the OEMlogo, but not the bootscreen. I take it you would be using BootXP. If you install it on their system without their knowledge, that could be troublesome, because supposedly you cannot reinstall windows or repair it if bootxp is installed (you get errors). If all you're doing is repairing, then that doesn't warrant you putting crap on their computer. And most likely, if you're repairing these people's machines, i'm guessing they're usually pre-builts, meaning the company would've already put an oemlogo and oeminfo in it, so you would be changing it.

That's just my 2cents.

No, i am not a butthole, and that would be very "butthole-like" i have bin building a lot in the past month tho

this is getting off topic.. sorry.. no more about this.. only the main question.. see my NEW?? lol?? logo.. its diffrent from the amd now.. somwhat.. i am working on my own version.. do you like the background :the gusts of the computer:

BTW

ANOTHER NOTCH

I like that bottom one the best. And i said i only do it to pc's i build, its the boot screen is for the HD, not XP. Like when you boot a HP it runs that screen over the bios.

Edited by p8baller07