Time again to do some really dumb TIM testing.

I am not sure where I would find a thin sheet of copper. I did aluminum foil last time and it was pretty meh.

I might lap the processor slightly before I start just to help with cleaning. I could just lap it if it get something on it I can't get off.

As for a thin piece of fabric and water, I might try a wet coffee filter. I am a little concerned about that much humidity that near the socket but it should be ok.

Remember guys, I am not very worried about the proc but the motherboard is part of my daily driver and I don't really want to send it up in flames. The processor should be fine but I recently replaced it with a Xeon so it isn't as big of a deal as finding a good p55 board is these days.

Here's a few safe to use household items that work,.. mix Colgate toothpaste 75% with Vaseline 25% works as good as Artic Silver 3   :yes:

And Desitin brand diaper rash cream contains 40% zinc oxide and a lubricant,.. works vary well also.   

Edited by Braegnok

fix a flat

aero-gell

a ceramic floor tile

candle wax

spaghetti sauce

alfredo sauce

nacho cheese

dish soap

bbq sauce

hot sauce

breath strips

graphite powder

pudding

I think this might have to be a DIY how to make actual TIM to see if it can be done by a layman like myself and if it is worth it.

I also might do this on an overclocked Athlon x2 5000+ instead of my daily driver.