Ebay advice

Coors

Long story short I got ripped off on ebay. Bought 3 different pairs of gameboy advance games from the same seller and they were all fake. Two days before the games even arrived those 3 sales were deleted from my purchase history and the guy was removed from ebay. Which basically now when I try to open a case it says I can't because they don't exist. I was able to request a return though so I initiated that expecting the guy to not even respond but after 3 days I could get ebay involved. Well he did respond and approved the return. I'm thinking he's just going to try and scam me even more by getting the games back and keeping the money. If I sent them back would ebay give my money back or would I be relying on him to actually refund the money? I did pay with PayPal so there's that at least. His address is now different as well. The return address is in Pasadena while they were delivered from an apartment in Rancho Cucamonga.

I'm almost considering trying to f**k this guy back by mailing him some game sized blocks of wood and getting my money back. I already know he'll just sell them again and rip someone else off. And even if I don't get my money back at least I can still play the damn things rather than lose my money and the games. So what would you do? How likely am I to get my money back?

Also highly considering tracking this guy down when I'm in CA in august. How many years in prison can I get for curb stomping someone? Lol

There isnt. When I try to open a claim it says something along the lines of "you can't open a claim on this item because it has been cancelled"

2015_05_12_09_52_28.jpg

Edited by Coors

"We had to remove this listing from the site and you're not required to complete the transaction. If you've already sent payment, the sale should process as normal and you don't have anything to worry about. If you have any questions about delivery, please check tracking or contact your seller. If you run into any trouble along the way eBay is here to help. Please visit the Resolution Center to help resolve any problems you may encounter.

This user is no longer registered on eBay."

This is from the non-mobile site. Gotta love that "if you've already paid you have nothing to worry about" part. Riiiiight. I have nothing to worry about from someone you deemed unworthy to be on ebay and you take away the ability to file a claim...cunts.

• Like 1

Try filing the claim through Paypal if it'll let. Most likely it'll redirect back to eBay. This happens a lot to me when I buy "too good to be true" stuff on eBay. Happened twice this year, but got my money back.  However they never actually shipped me anything so that made it easier to process the claim.

it never ceases to amaze me how shady people can be. I can honestly say that I have never once in my life try to come up on somebody I've always tried my best to make it a good deal for both parties I just don't see why more people can be like that.into the opp my best wishes to you on getting your refund back but you know the old saying fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me

Edited by jdm_freek

Ebay can be awesome and shitty. We just had a set of TWO people back out on bidding for a GTX 780 cooler + dead 780 after they won. Their excuse? "I didn't see the card was damaged." Bullshit I say, the whole ad is for the cooler and mentions the broken card as a bonus. It was even in the GPU/CPU cooler category. Ugh.

As for your predicament though - file for a chargeback on your CC. It should be reasonably straightforward given the small amount too. If it's Paypal, raise hell. They'll yield.

If you paid through PayPal, a claim through them should easily get your money back. If you paid with a credit card, or a debit with Visa, MC, or AE, you should be able to file a complaint with them to get your money back.

I'm going to call ebay today. Trying to navigate their site to resolve the issue is worthless. They specifically mention counterfeit items and not shipping them back but opening a claim for that reason isn't an option even if I was able to open one.

Edit:  Just got off the phone with Ebay and they said they'd be handling the refund.  The shipping labels for the return are paid for as well which is nice.  I thought I'd be paying to return them.

Off topic:  Is it illegal to mail a dog turd?  Just wondering.  No reason really...

Edited by Coors

I'm going to call ebay today. Trying to navigate their site to resolve the issue is worthless. They specifically mention counterfeit items and not shipping them back but opening a claim for that reason isn't an option even if I was able to open one.

Edit:  Just got off the phone with Ebay and they said they'd be handling the refund.  The shipping labels for the return are paid for as well which is nice.  I thought I'd be paying to return them.

Off topic:  Is it illegal to mail a dog turd?  Just wondering.  No reason really...

The smell may gave it away, but just wrap it up real well and don't mention anything hazardous in the box. :lol:

Glad to hear you're getting it all sorted out. People are jerks.