PSU shot 3 days before retirement.

Today I was playing DiRT Rally and my PSU died in the middle of my race. I had already purchased a new PSU and it was sitting in the other room, and luckily no damage was done.

It's kind of ironic though because I should be getting some new parts in on Friday and I'll be moving my build to a new case, I was just waiting til then to retire the old PSU.

If you're interested it was a Coolmax i-500, 500W PSU from Tiger Direct (I think I paid like 30 bucks for it)

So yeah, don't use cheap parts.  :teehee:

Guess it felt like its replacement was already there, so may as well end things now rather than wait.

I'm just so glad that it didn't kill anything when it gave up the ghost.

Guess it felt like its replacement was already there, so may as well end things now rather than wait.

I'm just so glad that it didn't kill anything when it gave up the ghost.

That is very true. Just went quietly instead of taking more with it. My place got struck by lightning once and somehow only the PSU suffered. Fried everything in the PSU but the 5V line.

How old was it??

That is very true. Just went quietly instead of taking more with it. My place got struck by lightning once and somehow only the PSU suffered. Fried everything in the PSU but the 5V line.

Use it as a cell phone charger LOL

How old was it??

Don't even know if I have it around anywhere. It was about eight years ago. :lol:

How old was it??

Don't even know if I have it around anywhere. It was about eight years ago. :lol:

Find it, slap an Apple label on it and then sell it as an Apple iChargeBarge :teehee:

• Like 1