I need help picking RAM out?

Velin

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you guys think the 13-14-14 timing with kingston isn't that great of an improvement? I mean it's a combo with the CPU i picked out so It's like the same price as getting the other 16 GB Quad Channel G Skill RAM, Either way i'm sticking with 16 GB because I don't do video editing just audio editing so I doubt I would ever need more than 16 GB. However I just want the best RAM that will prevent my DAW Software from Crashing and having problems with performance. Because the software I use allows me to load audio samples into RAM which is amazing! Thanks again for all the replies.

The combo only knocks $75 off which'd still make it like $40 more expensive than the Corsair kit and you're not going to see any performance increase warranting that expense I guarantee. Memory speed/timings within the same generation makes such little *real world* difference that it's not worth paying more for "faster" memory trust me.

Edited by IVIYTH0S

So you guys think the 13-14-14 timing with kingston isn't that great of an improvement? I mean it's a combo with the CPU i picked out so It's like the same price as getting the other 16 GB Quad Channel G Skill RAM, Either way i'm sticking with 16 GB because I don't do video editing just audio editing so I doubt I would ever need more than 16 GB. However I just want the best RAM that will prevent my DAW Software from Crashing and having problems with performance. Because the software I use allows me to load audio samples into RAM which is amazing! Thanks again for all the replies.

The combo only knocks $75 off which'd still make it like $40 more expensive than the Corsair kit and you're not going to see any performance increase warranting that expense I guarantee. Memory speed/timings within the same generation makes such little *real world* difference that it's not worth paying more for "faster" memory trust me.

So in your honest opinion you think the cheaper G Skill RAM will do just fine? so Timing by 2 points isn't a big difference? I mean if I save money on RAM I might just switch out my SSD for an Intel 750 PCIe SSD

So in your honest opinion you think the cheaper G Skill RAM will do just fine? so Timing by 2 points isn't a big difference? I mean if I save money on RAM I might just switch out my SSD for an Intel 750 PCIe SSD

Gskill? You mean Corsair? And yes the jump from SATA to PCI-E SSD should be more helpful than the RAM for sure.

• 4 weeks later...

If you want ram reliability a Xeon and an ECC kit might do better for you. I don't think I have ever had trouble with RAM when I run it at or below rated speeds as long as the dims weren't defective.