Braegnok

Green highlighted text in Reviews

I noticed this morning after logging in,.. that while in [Forums] section everything is normal,.. but clicking on [Reviews] seems to log me out with no way to log back in while in Review section,.. every other sentence has several green highlighted words,.. that god forbid you hover over or get near they start popping up adds all over the page,.. while a video add popup with audio is blasting from bottom of page you need to quickly scroll down to find it and shut it down,.. then go back up to try an read the review while shutting muilti popups,..   

I only managed to struggle through two pages of a 16-page review before exiting reviews.  

I do not remember the green highlighted text or all the popup adds in review section while logged in,.. is this something new. 

Edited by Braegnok

The green highlights I'm pretty sure are normal ads. I haven't seen them for awhile though, but some add-on I'm using is probably blocking them. Only one should come up from the word though, so if you're seeing multiple, that's a problem. Maybe you have some ad blocking add-on or software installed that stopped working right.

It's also a problem if you were logged out by going to that page, as you describe.

Along with which browser you were using, what review were you looking at?

That's strange it's working fine now,.. I'm using Google with new install of Windows 7,.. and this morning Every tab like Home, Reviews, Guides,.. would log me out and show [log in] up in right corner,.. then would get whoops your not permitted to do that when tried to click on log in tab,.. lol 

Edited by Braegnok

the green text has been on reviews since at lest a few years. I learned to not leave my mouse in the middle of the page :)

the green text has been on reviews since at lest a few years. I learned to not leave my mouse in the middle of the page :)

Yep. If you have AdBlock/uBlock turned off (and since that is how we get some revenue, leave it off on OCC :)), you'll see those key words highlighted on many different sites. Review, technology, and gaming sites in particular, since again, ads help with revenue.

As for that log-in issue, potentially something with cookies or some other setting.

Everything is working fine now if I click any tabs I'm logged in when tab opens with no green text,.. that was strange.

Edited by Braegnok

I guess it was ad words,.. lot's of them  :lol:

Normally I read the reviews from the OCC News & Announcements thread that Bosco posts by just clicking on provided link,.. and I've never seen the green text before,.. but this morning I wanted to re-read Franks Titan X review and clicked Reviews tab to look for it,.. that's when the strange things started,.. I tried all tabs at top of page and was logged out when tab opened and unable to log back in from tab,.. except the Forums tab it was normal and I would show logged in,.. crazy but after I logged out and re-logged in,..  a few hours later everything works normal,.. thank goodness  :P

Edited by Braegnok