Star Wars: Battlefront

bp9801

I won a couple of times as the Rebels. The key is to get those uplinks to start whaling on those AT-AT's, and air superiority.

Btw, I should probably upload some screenshots or video as well. Been getting some really nice Kill/Death ratios like 25/2 and 23/4 (on the non-AT-AT map). Badly-timed nearby enemy spawning is usually what gets me killed a lot in MP. I hardly ever zoom in to fire, and headshots are key. If zooming in was a lot faster, I'd probably use it more.

Edited by El_Capitan

I've won as the Rebels in it, too, and even lost as the Imperials once. It isn't impossible, just not that easy to do until some major rebalancing is done.

Rebalancing is a toss-up, imo, it's probably just most people as rebels don't know what they need to do. Meanwhile, as Imperials, you don't need to know what to do, just go out and kill.

I've won as the Rebels in it, too, and even lost as the Imperials once. It isn't impossible, just not that easy to do until some major rebalancing is done.

Then again, maybe it's the right balance in place for the actual conflict taking place. Shouldn't it be really difficult for the Rebels to fight the invasion of the Empire? Skill and teamwork need to be on point to win as the Rebels, not so much rebalancing...though they REALLY need to redo the flight controls, I did like 10% of a walker's damage with an A-wing, if I could actually fly it right (aka defend myself against my pursuing TIE fighter(s) ) then that would definitely have made the difference.

Also, another note that I hate the whole "pick up some powerup to ride a vehicle" thing :glare: . I wish it was more like Battlefield where what you see is what you get, not randomly curl up in a ball and teleport to a walker/aircraft.

Rebalancing is a toss-up, imo, it's probably just most people as rebels don't know what they need to do. Meanwhile, as Imperials, you don't need to know what to do, just go out and kill.

Rebalancing in the sense of making the Imperials not so overpowered from the start. Granted it fits the map, but it's extremely one-sided, much more than the map on Sullust where everyone is on even footing. Been killed by AT-STs and AT-ATs plenty, even from entirely across the map.

Then again, maybe it's the right balance in place for the actual conflict taking place. Shouldn't it be really difficult for the Rebels to fight the invasion of the Empire? Skill and teamwork need to be on point to win as the Rebels, not so much rebalancing...though they REALLY need to redo the flight controls, I did like 10% of a walker's damage with an A-wing, if I could actually fly it right (aka defend myself against my pursuing TIE fighter(s) ) then that would definitely have made the difference.

Also, another note that I hate the whole "pick up some powerup to ride a vehicle" thing :glare: . I wish it was more like Battlefield where what you see is what you get, not randomly curl up in a ball and teleport to a walker/aircraft.

Yeah, the vehicle selection method is odd. Not what I was expecting at all.

As for the team communication, well, sometimes you get a good team that knows how to work together, other times you don't. It seems like even a bad Imperial team has the edge, but it isn't a guarantee they'll win every time.

The Imperials did win... and wtf is Luke Skywalker doing out there using the Force? He hasn't even been trained, yet...

:lol: Right? He's in his RotJ outfit and saber, yet he's there on Hoth destroying fools. Vader at least was on Hoth.

The Imperials did win... and wtf is Luke Skywalker doing out there using the Force? He hasn't even been trained, yet...

:lol: Right? He's in his RotJ outfit and saber, yet he's there on Hoth destroying fools. Vader at least was on Hoth.

I vote for more accuracy and more unbalancing by allowing for Luke but only as a suped up speeder/A-wing pilot and only Vader as the ground Jedi....the onslaught that will occur :lol:

Luke was in an X-Wing, not an A-Wing. :P:lol: Course on Hoth he had the Snowspeeder and only switched to his X-Wing when leaving the planet.

Wait they have X-wings you can fly? I hadn't gotten one yet but yeah an X-wing would be better just weren't sure they were in there. I've only flew the A-wing and made an ass out of u and me into thinking that was the only rebel aircraft even though I swore I saw videos of people using speeders with tow cables on the AT-ATs

Yup, there are X-Wings too. Haven't flown one yet either, but I did find the thing to fly one, but never actually got it. There are also other TIE fighters too, because I've seen TIE Interceptors flying around in addition to the usual TIE Fighter.