[rant]I officially agree with Jim Sterling

NCC10281982B

Damn you EA! This is the first time I have had this happen. I agree with Jim. https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=jim%20sterling%20ea

Capture.PNG

All I wantyed to do was run the crysis benchmark.

lol Wrong.  The things I have read about them would make me question their business practices. Why do I need an internet connection for a single player game anyway? Not to mention I don't get why gamespy comrade trys to install every timer time I launch teh game. Hello? world? gamespy is defunct.

Crysis 1 contains both single player and multiple player (it was with Crysis Warhead that single and multiplayer was separated) so it is not just a single player game and Gamespy was the system EA chose to use at the time the game was released (which was before it was defunct). Obviously EA has decided not to revisit an 8-year-old game to replace Gamespy with something else (likely something Origin based). Why Gamespy wants to keep installing though, I don't know. It must think it was not installed properly the first time, which could be the result of only launching the game for the benchmark. What happens when you try launching it like you were going to play it, and then running the benchmark?

GameSpy is being/has been replaced bit by bit, but only if the developer or publisher feels like it should. The likes of EA, Activision, Bohemia, Epic, GSC Game World, 2K, Rockstar, Gearbox, and many other studios have switched their multiplayer servers away from GameSpy when it shut down last June. Crysis and Crysis 2 had their multiplayer servers shut down when the change occurred, as did the likes many EA titles and any others that had official servers. Unofficial patches have been released that re-enabled multiplayer for Crysis and Crysis 2, although I am unaware if EA or Crytek went back through and relaunched official servers.

If you want a possible workaround, then delete the GameSpy Comrade folder from within your Crysis folder.

Not sure I see the issue with single player connections I put my Origin into offline mode and have no issues with the games I play. As for what you read about, only take 50% of what you read on the internet as even being close to the truth and remember that even that 50% is likely crap.

EA has some things people do not like, for sure but going hog wild mad on them is over the top.

There's many things I don't like about EA, but that still hasn't stopped me from using Origin or buying a few select games only available from them. The thing is, some of the things I don't like about EA, happens at other companies, but EA is so huge, they just do it on a bigger scale, so it's more publisized.

Ubisoft has actually gone down the route that EA was on, but EA steered away from with the new CEO. Ubisoft's latest games are messes, with paid unlocks, companion apps, maps so full of icons you can't find a thing, and Uplay. Uplay is yet another service we don't need, all for some reason that probably made sense in a boardroom, yet not the real world. You can buy a game on Steam and then it has to launch Uplay to play. But wait, Uplay needs to be updated for whatever reason because there's no point to even having it running all the time. So then you have to let it update, and then relaunch the game. It's bloated, convoluted, and is far more of a chore than it should be.

Origin is something I don't actually mind using, although I do wish EA would bring its exclusive games to Steam. Still, Origin and EA in general have received a lot of hate, yet there's no real reason for it now. There are always decisions people won't agree with, but EA at least seems to be trying to fix its public view. Ubisoft does not seem to care and keeps doing its own thing, like pushing $100 "microtransactions" to unlock items. Pointless.