Sign in to follow this  
crazycow

Car Mod

ive been toying with the idea of modding a pc right into my car...any suggestions....other than "get a i paq"....i think i want everything to integrate nicely or even hide.....id appreciate any ideas on doing this...oh yeah, and any idea where i could place a 15in lcd...id rather not use an in dash lcd...though i will if i have to, id prefer something bigger...im assuming id have to use laptop parts...but again id rather not....oh yeah one last thing....is internet possible....other than using a cellphone....or if cellphones the only possiblity how do i go about it?

Well....lemme get some ideas going....

1) Put velcro on the LCD so you put it up/down.

2) Use a touchscreen so you don't need a mouse.

3) Hide the keyboard under the seat, then bring it out, and make it wireless.

4) Put the computer in the truck hooked up to some sort of PS.

5) Use that Richocet thing so you can get up to 1.4 Mbps, I think.

ok...thinking about using a little touch pad like those on laptops...possibly using one of those new rubber keyboards.....id like access to the floppy and dvd so i dont know about placing the system in the trunk.....and how would ps work....i dont think richocet is up and running yet....any other ideas?

Just do a search, I'm sure you'll find something. Where I use to work, I know of three people that had a full blown PC in their vehicle... and another with a laptop.

Can't be to hard.

Most put the PC in the trunk, and used a LCD pannel in either the visor or headrest... also a lot of people using the flimsy keybards, so they could roll them up...

Thats what I forgot...use a wireless trackball mouse...why using an exspenisive touchscreen? I say trackball because it will move less when driving :P

For your monitor placement: have it swing down from the cieling like a sun visor, perhaps in place of the visor? Make sure its secure, don't want it falling on your head when you hit a speed bump.

As for the rest of it, might I suggest some kind of voice-rec software? The better to play MP3z with while driving. Oh, and for the interenet thing, if you can get a 3G phone you can just hook your computer up to that (usb, ethernet, firewire, depends on the model) and use that for broadband. Not sure what that'd cost you, may want to see if you can get some kind of unlimited plan.

I don't know if this is possible, much less advisable, but if you're feeling really balsy get an XM satellite radio and haxXx0r it to give you internet access via satellite.

1 of mi brothers friends has a pc in his comp and he bought a touch screen when i saw it i was like WoW the touchscreen had a blue led back light he had neons in his pc and it looked reallly hot

i think ur be better of wit touch screen but u need a bunch of $$$

idea: GO TO A BANK AND STEAL SOME $$$..aaahhh wut iam i saying that was mi idea.....LoL